Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love using a good drying aid when I dry mine off ( I use lucas slick mist) while im not sure it does much for actual protection but I really like how it for lack of another word enhances the gloss of the paint.

also the new tip looks great!
That stuff is the shit, I need to find where I can buy it in bulk. Pops uses it all the time on his ccsb ferd. He has it sealed, a coat of wax, and using just lucas and a microfiber can keep it clean for a long time through a lot of dirt. Spot clean, and once a week will do the whole truck. Really extends between washes.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucas Slick Mist is what I put on all 3 of my rides.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm so jealous of your under carriage! you can eat off of it. I gotta get the hell out of NY and move down there with the rest of my family...all the money we spend on mods up here, everything turns into cancer after one winter

Do you have a link for those tips? they look great brother! I need to replace everything starting at the headers back

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that definitely looks much better

Looks killer
Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

I love using a good drying aid when I dry mine off ( I use lucas slick mist) while im not sure it does much for actual protection but I really like how it for lack of another word enhances the gloss of the paint.
also the new tip looks great!

Tip looks killer (finally put one on) , now all that's left are the brushed aluminum ss speed grille inserts.

New tips look great!
Notice any sound difference at all?

Looks amazing! Even my gf likes it. Guess I'm in the market for one now! Lol

Many thx guys. Appreciate it. No noticeable sound difference...maybe just in my head lol. But it sure looks good.

Guess I am going to have to add the Lucas Slick Mist to my growing detail supplies. Anything to keep the gloss and water beading off both trucks and made easy by spraying it while drying it is a win in my book.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm so jealous of your under carriage! you can eat off of it. I gotta get the hell out of NY and move down there with the rest of my family...all the money we spend on mods up here, everything turns into cancer after one winter

Do you have a link for those tips? they look great brother! I need to replace everything starting at the headers back

Thx man. Yeah I am pretty lucky that there is really only surface rust and nothing like what you guys up north have to endure. @Cattivo

Here is the link on eBay. $50 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genssi-Muff...rome-ID-3-OD-4-Double-Length-16-/252098658393

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Many thx guys. Appreciate it. No noticeable sound difference...maybe just in my head lol. But it sure looks good.

Guess I am going to have to add the Lucas Slick Mist to my growing detail supplies. Anything to keep the gloss and water beading off both trucks and made easy by spraying it while drying it is a win in my book.

lol I use it when I dry and I keep a bottle of it in the truck to spot clean with.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BADRIDES
@05Single

More pics for you guys.

IMG_2645.JPG

IMG_2646.JPG

IMG_2648.JPG

IMG_2649.JPG

Here is where he cut it beyond the hanger closer to the axle, cut it again, turned it for a better exit angle so that the tips exited without angling towards the bumper or up to the quarter panel or down too much. A little creativity to get it just right IMO.
IMG_2652.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA