Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vouke VK-5S 8000 Lumen LED Headlights

I decided to make the headlight LED upgrade and ordered the Vouke VK-5S for $50 on Amazon. This is the same setup that @Tonyrodz and @Bigbeardenali1992 are currently running.

Here is the link.
https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Conversion-headlamp-Halogen-Replacement/dp/B01FI0S7Q0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489887839&sr=8-1&keywords=vouke+vk-5s&th=1

I know the retro HID purists may not totally agree, but that's okay. For $50 I am achieving what I need for my truck. She is a city pavement princess only. She does not require wilderness output for distance or a massive left to right swath.

I am running the Depo projectors which are at least a step in the right direction with a good output and cutoff that I am happy with. The light is now white and pretty closely matches my bumper and fog lights and got rid of the yellow halogen look. I have not upgraded my high beams yet, but may look into that once I see how it is driving around with the LED lows.

While I was messing around with the headlights, I decided to take the grille off and paint the radiator with a fresh coat of matte black. Much better.

A few months ago, I swapped my OEM brackets for the Depo brackets to alleviate some of the wobble that my units displayed. I did pop a few ping pong balls in each side to firm the lights up (this has been noted and seems to be hit and miss depending on who is running them).

Even though these LEDs have the flexible cooling fins, the depth of the LED lights itself would not allow the OEM brackets to fit properly. So the Depo brackets had to go back on and I'll be ....if the lights didn't fit perfectly with those brackets and the actual Depo housings fit back on the truck properly with the cooling fins spread out as well and the resistor had plenty of room as well.

Pretty happy with the outcome and achieving an all LED white front end with some better output.

On to the pictures.

Radiator before paint.
IMG_2694.JPG

Radiator after paint.
IMG_2695.JPG

LED headlights and LED bumper lights.
IMG_2717.JPG

All LEDs on.
IMG_2718.JPG

Halogen high beams on.
IMG_2720.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a great price for both. Always something more attractive out there isn't there? Makes me almost want to send the ones I have back and get both sets for a few dollars more.....thx man lol.