Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to add a few more videos of the Flowmaster 50 series muffler for my own reference, but also so other guys could hear what it sounds like on my truck's 4.8L.

One is with the windows closed and one is with the windows open. Sunday morning early is always good for no traffic.

Windows closed.

Windows open.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes we checked the gas cap first. Then we checked this part. He said sometimes it gets blocked, but you cannot blow it out.

There is another part of the system (I have not researched that far yet other than one video online) by the fuel tank that will be next on the list if the CEL comes back on.

fresh350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck sounds pretty mean for a 4.8! Maybe I need some driving clips too haha.

Oh and picked up some of that 303 you recommended... loving it so far and a little bit goes so far

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I decided to add a few more videos of the Flowmaster 50 series muffler for my own reference, but also so other guys could hear what it sounds like on my truck's 4.8L.

One is with the windows closed and one is with the windows open. Sunday morning early is always good for no traffic.

Windows closed.

Windows open.
Sounds good. I see you hit 6,000 on the teach with the tow haul on! I have to post vids too. Mine is so loud, but I'm starting to like it.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck sounds pretty mean for a 4.8! Maybe I need some driving clips too haha.

Oh and picked up some of that 303 you recommended... loving it so far and a little bit goes so far

Thx man. I always thought it sounded pretty good, but cool to hear it on video. And you guys driving 5.3 and 6.0 motors giving compliments reinforces my thought pattern to just keep what I have and get that damn tip welded on!! :)

Yeah I love that 303.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I see you hit 6,000 on the teach with the tow haul on! I have to post vids too. Mine is so loud, but I'm starting to like it.

Thx man. Yes the RPMs were bumped up with the Black Bear tune and wth the Tow/Haul ass mode on makes it a bit more fun to drive.

Yes yours sounded pretty nasty. Like that Cigarette I posted the other day. And of course the cam loping along. Sweet!!

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If code 455 comes back then check the evap vent solenoid. I'm a service consultant at our local chevy dealership and our tahoe's are known for these problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia