Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yessir. As you may have noticed, I tend to expand in my replies rather than a one liner and 25 messages later the topic has been answered. Lol

For looks alone the drilled and slotted look great. At our level of performance with the Tahoe or CC, we won't be noticing any major Ferrari or Porsche differentials so that bench mark really IMHO is a non-starter.

Pics taken right now on this beautiful 80F day after a fresh touchless wash.

IMG_2139.JPG

IMG_2138.JPG

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Yessir. As you may have noticed, I tend to expand in my replies rather than a one liner and 25 messages later the topic has been answered. Lol

For looks alone the drilled and slotted look great. At our level of performance with the Tahoe or CC, we won't be noticing any major Ferrari or Porsche differentials so that bench mark really IMHO is a non-starter.

View attachment 74592

View attachment 74591

FK it I like the way they look im in lol

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score

View attachment 74592

View attachment 74591
@Fosscore is the man when it comes to forum support, always good info. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

View attachment 74592

View attachment 74591
How'd you get the ding? First pic. I'd be pissed if it was on mine!

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Realized I hadn't replied to you guys.

btw that center cap game is on point! lol
@jerryjoe28

Thx man.

@Fosscore is the man when it comes to forum support, always good info. [emoji106][emoji106] @kwOH

Thx man. I try to do my best with what I know or have had experience with since being on here and learn from others with their knowledge and input.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro
How'd you get the ding? First pic. I'd be pissed if it was on mine!
@Tonyrodz

That mofo happened one morning when the wind was honking. I was doing some NBS and NNBS truck cleaning and the gate in my carport to the backyard swung open and t-***** it right there. I was beyond pissed! But kicking the gate or a tire would not have been the best option. So I took the high road with an inanimate object and laughed it off....keeping calm was challenging. lol

Even worse is the other side in nearly the same spot has one that I inherited from long before I bought it. It was driven by many different people from 2006-2009 and they did not care about any part of it as it was just transportation and parked anywhere without regard for spacing or cleanliness. I started driving it full time in November 2009 and then bought it officially in February 2013 and then 2014 this forum got me in trouble with mods. :) There are some door dings as well that annoy the crap out of me. More than just one, but luckily the dark blue metallic paint and super glossy finish distract the average joe from seeing it. But I see them like a hawk sees a field mouse. I see every damn paint defect or rock chip, ggrrrrrr....

Wish I could say it was perfect, but it just needs some PDR love. I still wouldn't kick her out of the carport for looking dirty and I still get a high seeing her freshly washed. We are a weird bunch.
:lol2:

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 3rd brake light went out this week. This was the Dorman LED replacement that I had ordered almost exactly one year ago to replace the failing OEM light. I did some searching on TYF and Google to try and find a solution as all the functions of my tail lights were working.

This was a good thread to start. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/nbs-third-brake-light.35348/page-2 and on another site someone made mention of the CHMSL fuse.

What? CHMSL = Center High Mount Stoplamp.

So I pulled out my owners manual to page 5-111 which has the schematic for the Instrument Panel Fuse Block on the driver's side which of course matches the sticker on the inside of that fuse panel. Sure enough there is a 10amp fuse labelled VEH CHMSL and noted as USAGE in the book for Vehicle and Trailer High Mounted Stoplamp.

I pulled the fuse out and sure enough it was toast. I popped in a new fuse and the light was back in business. Hopefully the fuse holds and was just weak and not related to some other issue. Fingers crossed that is the easy fix.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Wonder if that was the original chmsl fuse.

I remember the ding story. Should get a head by duty spring to hold that gate close.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It probably was the original fuse.

A 30lb kettle bell now keeps the gate from opening too far at the moment.

Last edited:

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 3rd brake light went out this week. This was the Dorman LED replacement that I had ordered almost exactly one year ago to replace the failing OEM light. I did some searching on TYF and Google to try and find a solution as all the functions of my tail lights were working.
This was a good thread to start. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/nbs-third-brake-light.35348/page-2 and on another site someone made mention of the CHMSL fuse.

What? CHMSL = Center High Mount Stoplamp.

So I pulled out my owners manual to page 5-111 which has the schematic for the Instrument Panel Fuse Block on the driver's side which of course matches the sticker on the inside of that fuse panel. Sure enough there is a 10amp fuse labelled VEH CHMSL and noted as USAGE in the book for Vehicle and Trailer High Mounted Stoplamp.

I pulled the fuse out and sure enough it was toast. I popped in a new fuse and the light was back in business. Hopefully the fuse holds and was just weak and not related to some other issue. Fingers crossed that is the easy fix.

View attachment 75341

View attachment 75342
great info 2 know about the 3rd brake light. thank u sir

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts