NBS third brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did in fact check everything the other day. I do have power to that plug when the brakes are applied. So I applied power directly to the light with my power probe, and it did not light up. I tried it again after I plugged the light back up. The two tail lights lit up, but not the roof light. So that confirms it, the brake light is toast.

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by the dealer that the 3rd brake light on the NBS have there own brake switch I don't know how true that is but if it is that can be the cause

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by the dealer that the 3rd brake light on the NBS have there own brake switch I don't know how true that is but if it is that can be the cause

But he is getting power to the brake light when the brakes are applied, so even if there was a separate switch, that wouldn't be the problem in this situation!

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh.. you guys think WAAAYYY to technical w/ your volt probes and stuff and fuses.

Scott- Your light is out. No need to test, change, worry, stress, volt test, etc.. Its gone, they all go out very easily. I changed mine twice before my new setup. lol. You and Chris are crazy.

So if you want one i have one, but its got vht on it, i can get it off if you want. But i have no use for it anymore..

Let me know... and that volt meter is pretty cool though, my mechanic had one i used the other day, neg and pos. was very cool. ( lol, i know im contradicting)

---- Oh, just remembered, its not a stock 3rd, its a clear putco led brake light. lol, think i have a stock one as well. Going to check

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't be afraid of the voltmeter Mike, embrace it!! :hands:

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

And Scott, you are the LED king on here, mod that crap!! lol

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats kind of what i was thinking, mod it, but not sure what you would do w/ it as its not very big. Put leds that say " STOP " lmao

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about modding it or even just trying to repair it. But the damn thing looks like its melted shut on the seams. No glue, the plastics actually are melted together. So either they used a machine to heat them just on the edges to fuse it together, or else they applied a glue similar to PVC pipe glue that actually melts the plastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia