Finally started installing my Kelderman Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TBucks

TBucks

Reaction score
If you have it in a bucket of water and you're seeing no bubbles then it is in a line or fitting. Make sure your air line is cut straight and that it is fully seated in the fitting.

The lines are new and cut properly the only fittings that arent new Im at airbagit.com now on my lunch picking them up which is the 3/8 npt to 1/4 air line that were on the bags when I got them. They also used liquid pipe dope so going to use tape instead.

OP
OP
TBucks

TBucks

Reaction score
I ran my kelderman kit with drop spindles. you lose half the travel because the tires will just lay on the inner fender. If you were to remove the inner fenders, it would be perfect.

Question how many inches above the tire did the bottom of the fender sit fully aired up in the front with the drop spindle. Ive got 150 psi in the front and the bag looks no where near full and can barely get a finger between the tire and the fender. I feel like it ahould be higher than that fully aired up. Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question how many inches above the tire did the bottom of the fender sit fully aired up in the front with the drop spindle. Ive got 150 psi in the front and the bag looks no where near full and can barely get a finger between the tire and the fender. I feel like it ahould be higher than that fully aired up. Thanks

I think like 2" at most.

OP
OP
TBucks

TBucks

Reaction score
I think like 2" at most.

Well I made a small junction line up front to see whats going on and I filled the bags up to like 160psi and then cycled the suspension then let the air out and oil started pouring out the air line. Took the struts off and I Guess I have a blown strut. But dont think this would cause the air bag not to air all the way up. FML any ideas?

OP
OP
TBucks

TBucks

Reaction score
Well got the front wheel wells all cut out and finished and the front is finally at its final resting point. Just got my new grill yesterday before I took these pics (stock grill made with black abs plastic). Ordered my panhard bar earlier this week frim NorCal SS so hopefully I get it this weekend.

Going to get my fenders rolled and install that so I can finally cut down the bump stops to see if the final resting point will be low enough for me. Also have to check if my new gibson exhaust is gonna still fit ok going over the axle since I got a single dual exit out the rear tires.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman