Finally started installing my Kelderman Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TBucks

TBucks

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor remove the red bumpstop and see if the truck goes down. If the panhard bar is not hitting the swaybar and if the shock isnt bottomed out then your pretty much at the lowest point and the bag is bottomed out. There has been 2 cases where a taller bag was used on the kit the customers had to get them swapped out. this was years ago.
Theres is literally half an inch between the red bump stop and the frame with the sway bar disconnected and the shock length fully aired out is only 16 inches so they have another 4 inches left before bottomed out. So guess the bag is bottomed out.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
do yourself a favor. get some tbss bags from dealer. They will ride a lot better too.

also just to be sure have you disconnected the shock and see if it went down more... or verified that it is 12.xx inches collapsed by pushing them in and measureing

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I was gonna put the kelderman front bags with my 2" drop spindles so it sits lower aired out. I was gonna make new wheel wells to make room for the clearance and do some reloacting of certain engine bay components to make room. then was gonna roll my front wheel wells as well. Or is there another reason I cant run the drop spindle and the bags?

I ran my kelderman kit with drop spindles. you lose half the travel because the tires will just lay on the inner fender. If you were to remove the inner fenders, it would be perfect.

OP
OP
TBucks

TBucks

Reaction score
do yourself a favor. get some tbss bags from dealer. They will ride a lot better too.

also just to be sure have you disconnected the shock and see if it went down more... or verified that it is 12.xx inches collapsed by pushing them in and measureing
Shocks and sway bar disconnected and aired out not touching ur bump.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yup its the bag. Junk it and get the tbss bags. GET OEM GM since aftermarket rub frame

your running 1/4 inch line right?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the top locks it in. Theres nothing to mount on the rear axle. so you know the upper/lower mount is the same as the trailblazer ss so like from the factory the trailblazer ss bags just get locked in up top and bottom rests against the mount. Ive been doing this bag swap for years and the bag set up you got customers swapped out and wish they never installed it. Like i said ride better/sits lower and tows a BUNCH more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman