Finally an intro...lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kermode

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all!

Figured I would give this a go since I have been lurking for 2 years and haven't posted. First off, thank you to everyone for their contributions as there is a lot of good information on here and it has been very helpful. so again, Thank you!
I bought my 05 Tahoe LT 2 years ago in February and have been making changes and building it up since then. I have always liked this body style and thought they looked great dropped so I dropped it. I have already replaced all of the suspension and steering parts as it has over 200k miles and the ball joints were shot and a bit scary. The truck runs and drives amazing now and more mods are on their way. I needed to make and intro as I wanted to post with some information that could possibly help some other people out on the forum and would be rude if I didn't at least intro and say hi! lol! Again, thank you!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the active side of the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

OP
OP
Kermode

Kermode

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the active side of the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.
I don't have many pics...but here ya go!

I did some sleuthing and found out my Tahoe lived on the rez for the last 2 years of it's life and was traded in and put up for auction. These 2 were auction pics. Gotta love the typical gm white paint peel on the roof and old GM Escalade rims!!! lol
tahoe1.jpg

tahoe4.jpg

Changed up the headlights, painted the grille, roof rack delete and this is right after rebuilding the entire front suspension and steering but hadn't done the rear springs yet as I still needed to do the free travel mod. Stinkbug whaaaat?!?! lol
20220614_145525.jpg

And rear dropped....
20220619_191404.jpg
rear shot....
20220619_191424.jpg

Got a few dings to fix and the paint issues:rolleyes: but my first goal was to make it as reliable as can be, so all new suspension and steering and brakes. It runs and drives great now!!! doing good for 200k+ miles! I do think it was decently well taken care of as I had to replace the oil pan (small crack in corner from someone over tightening it) and it's clean inside the engine with very little staining at all on crank, rods and such... only paid 2500 for it so I think I am ahead of the curve a bit....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts