factory vs custom cooling fan on/off temps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wrisktaker1

Wrisktaker1

Reaction score
right but I live in Md where its gets cold so if I lower my on?off temps will it heat up enough to boil off the condensation and not have blow by from never fully being warm?

OP
OP
Wrisktaker1

Wrisktaker1

Reaction score
ScottyBoy would you mind taking a look at you your temps and tell me what they are as I'd like try your settings, unless it's a secret

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine are set at whatever black bear sets them at when they tune it. Works great. Almost never hear them running. They are quiet. But my truck stays at 190ish even when sitting for an hour with the a.c. on. Love them

6speedblazer

Reaction score
These trucks have humongo radiators compared to other platforms i have built. they should have no problem staying at or around thermostat temperature even with the higher temp fan settings.

now something like a TBSS or an LS swapped s10. those get hard to cool due to the tiny space for a radiator.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I'm set 212 turn on / 207 turn off for low speed
218 turn on / 212 turn off for high speed

I've found that the low speed setting keeps them on in stop and go. Helps draw air over the p/s, trans cooler, and blows air over the alternator and whatnot. Once I get going, temp drops to 204 and fans turn off

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Interesting, In my SSV, when I use the remote start with the a/c on those fans kick on after about 30 seconds. maybe because of the extended idling for LEO'S and Fire fighters, they kick off after I get going. anybody else??

6speedblazer

Reaction score
Interesting, In my SSV, when I use the remote start with the a/c on those fans kick on after about 30 seconds. maybe because of the extended idling for LEO'S and Fire fighters, they kick off after I get going. anybody else??

fans kick on based on AC pressure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645