factory vs custom cooling fan on/off temps?

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Wrisktaker1, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:27 AM.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. Wrisktaker1

Wrisktaker1 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Frankie
    whats better factory cooling fan temps or custom temps as i'm able to adjust them with a programmer?

2. 01ssreda4

01ssreda4 Full Access Member

Name:
    Steve
    I have mine set for like 190 low and 200 high.

3. Wrisktaker1

Wrisktaker1 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Frankie
    so do your fans stay on all the time, are there any benefits from having them constantly run?

4. 6speedblazer

6speedblazer TYF Newbie

Name:
    mark
    oem fans come on at a high temperature. i want to say 221 for low and 231 for high on my denali.

i lowerd those to 209 and 219

5. Wrisktaker1

Wrisktaker1 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Frankie
    i see those in the Hypertech programmer but the Diablo sports predator unit still leaves them at factory settings, so my question is there not a benefit to have them come on early or does anyone know?

6. 01ssreda4

01ssreda4 Full Access Member

Name:
    Steve
    First, they turn off anytime over 35 mph (i believe that's stock setting) and no they actually rarely run. Summer time the low is usually on in stop and go, and high will kick on during extended stops. Temps are actually 195 low and 205 high, I think i misquoted earlier.

7. 6speedblazer

6speedblazer TYF Newbie

Name:
    mark
    I think my 06 denali shuts them off at 45. I would have to check my tune again to be sure.

8. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy Full Access Member

Name:
    Scott
    I have OEM 2006 Efans on my 2001 Burban. I also have a Blackbear Performance tune. I'm not sure what the turn on temperature was initially, but I ended up having him lower it to 208° when I kept seeing my temp gauge going up to about 215 to 220. It never went that high when I had the clutch fan, it usually stayed around 210. Now the temperature never goes above 210°, it usually stays just below that, probably about 207-208° I would guess. But I can definitely say one thing, I'm an SO glad that I upgraded to Efans. The main benefit is better cooling at idle and at lower speeds like in traffic or driving through a neighborhood. I especially noticed my AC working better at low speeds because I now have more air flowing through the AC condenser at low speeds and even idling at a stop light.