factory vs custom cooling fan on/off temps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6speedblazer

Reaction score
oem fans come on at a high temperature. i want to say 221 for low and 231 for high on my denali.

i lowerd those to 209 and 219

OP
OP
Wrisktaker1

Wrisktaker1

Reaction score
i see those in the Hypertech programmer but the Diablo sports predator unit still leaves them at factory settings, so my question is there not a benefit to have them come on early or does anyone know?

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so do your fans stay on all the time, are there any benefits from having them constantly run?

First, they turn off anytime over 35 mph (i believe that's stock setting) and no they actually rarely run. Summer time the low is usually on in stop and go, and high will kick on during extended stops. Temps are actually 195 low and 205 high, I think i misquoted earlier.

6speedblazer

Reaction score
I think my 06 denali shuts them off at 45. I would have to check my tune again to be sure.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have OEM 2006 Efans on my 2001 Burban. I also have a Blackbear Performance tune. I'm not sure what the turn on temperature was initially, but I ended up having him lower it to 208° when I kept seeing my temp gauge going up to about 215 to 220. It never went that high when I had the clutch fan, it usually stayed around 210. Now the temperature never goes above 210°, it usually stays just below that, probably about 207-208° I would guess. But I can definitely say one thing, I'm an SO glad that I upgraded to Efans. The main benefit is better cooling at idle and at lower speeds like in traffic or driving through a neighborhood. I especially noticed my AC working better at low speeds because I now have more air flowing through the AC condenser at low speeds and even idling at a stop light.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ScottyBoy does your truck take time to warm up in the winter and how is your heat?
Warm up is real quick with efans. U don't have any air being forced thru the radiator other than wind from driving. I start getting heat within a block or 2 and the fans rarely come on during the winter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts