Escalade side mirrors on a Tahoe LTZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a pair myself. I’m going to try an incorporate the oem camera with a aftermarket 360 camera system. Fingers crossed
I got the off eBay
Which system are you going to go with? Intellihaul, MVI or a different one?

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which system are you going to go with? Intellihaul, MVI or a different one?
Interesting that MVI looks pretty interesting. It even says you can use your own cameras. Would 100% try it if the esky mirror and front cameras would work with it.

cbraga

Reaction score
Interesting that MVI looks pretty interesting. It even says you can use your own cameras. Would 100% try it if the esky mirror and front cameras would work with it.

I have the MVI kit ordered. Front and side cameras, but the intent of using the oem Escalade side camera

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the MVI kit ordered. Front and side cameras, but the intent of using the oem Escalade side camera

Sweet! This is exactly what I want to do too plus the front camera (aftermarket). I’m curious about the wiring from the cameras to the mvi unit.

Mvi
Escalade mirrors
Front camera

When do you think you’ll attempt the install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1. I've added the door harness but without the illuminated handle so was able to get around that. However ran into the same issue of the body side wires not being present. I guess it was too much to hope for them to use one pn for the behind the dash harness. Same with the grille camera. I have the esky grille harness and stripped the wires out to run independently to my grille plug (there was a lot more different about the esky front end than the tahoe plug wise to simply use the esky harness) however there are no body side connections. So i'm stalled trying to figure out how to get all that setup. I managed to find a used video processing module on eBay but my cadillac guy is unsure if it would require any additional programming or not. The mirrors are still a success from a look and function perspective but the 360 is starting to look like more trouble than it's worth.

I wonder if you would be able to wire the Cadillac mirror cameras to an aftermarket unit, like the Rostra 250-8450:

http://www.rostra.com/chevrolet-gmc-blindspot-front-camera.php

You would still need the body wiring, but this would only entail one or two wires per side? I would think it would make life much easier than trying to mate Cadillac with Chevrolet stuff. I would try that route (if I had the money and parts!).

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you would be able to wire the Cadillac mirror cameras to an aftermarket unit, like the Rostra 250-8450:

http://www.rostra.com/chevrolet-gmc-blindspot-front-camera.php

You would still need the body wiring, but this would only entail one or two wires per side? I would think it would make life much easier than trying to mate Cadillac with Chevrolet stuff. I would try that route (if I had the money and parts!).
Interesting but man is that a confusing site and no prices that i could see.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlshort21