Escalade side mirrors on a Tahoe LTZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can update on the Escalade door harnesses. All the connectors land with one exception, the door handle connector. To elaborate, the driver door harness I’m using is 23256834 which is for an Escalade with 360 surround view and illuminated door handles (I’m adding those as well). The door handle connector is keyed slightly differently. So a harness from an Escalade without illuminated handles may work without modification.
Regarding the camera, the harness gets the wires to the door connector, but the wires aren’t present on the body-side connector. I’m looking at the best way to handle the rest of the wiring. Regardless, I think it will require module reprogramming to achieve an OEM solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1. I've added the door harness but without the illuminated handle so was able to get around that. However ran into the same issue of the body side wires not being present. I guess it was too much to hope for them to use one pn for the behind the dash harness. Same with the grille camera. I have the esky grille harness and stripped the wires out to run independently to my grille plug (there was a lot more different about the esky front end than the tahoe plug wise to simply use the esky harness) however there are no body side connections. So i'm stalled trying to figure out how to get all that setup. I managed to find a used video processing module on eBay but my cadillac guy is unsure if it would require any additional programming or not. The mirrors are still a success from a look and function perspective but the 360 is starting to look like more trouble than it's worth.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not giving up on the cameras yet. I want to see if there’s a solution using the aftermarket. I’ll reach out to ADC Mobile or MVI and see about using one of the camera modules they sell and integrating the OEM cameras.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the video module you picked up, where does it mount in the vehicle? Does it replace an existing one?

GusSanchez300

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can update on the Escalade door harnesses. All the connectors land with one exception, the door handle connector. To elaborate, the driver door harness I’m using is 23256834 which is for an Escalade with 360 surround view and illuminated door handles (I’m adding those as well). The door handle connector is keyed slightly differently. So a harness from an Escalade without illuminated handles may work without modification.
Regarding the camera, the harness gets the wires to the door connector, but the wires aren’t present on the body-side connector. I’m looking at the best way to handle the rest of the wiring. Regardless, I think it will require module reprogramming to achieve an OEM solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely a lot of technical issues. But thanks for the update, keep is posted

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the video module you picked up, where does it mount in the vehicle? Does it replace an existing one?

Mounts behind the dash i think. I haven't found anything that it replaces. I think it would require the bracket also.

Escalade.png Tahoe.jpg

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to be he case. Where are those schematics from, the upfitter manual?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s a shot of the door handle connectors.

That’s the Esky harness (female) and OE handle connectors (male). You can see they’re keyed slightly different.
872be372baab665f90ab86d5e0df3901.jpg

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not giving up on the cameras yet. I want to see if there’s a solution using the aftermarket. I’ll reach out to ADC Mobile or MVI and see about using one of the camera modules they sell and integrating the OEM cameras.
Did anything ever come from this?

Dannydevito74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2017 Tahoe, I wanted to get mirrors with bling spot indicator signal and light on bottom. Is it possible to swap out without re wiring everything? Hoping remove plug and go. Can someone please give me a little information and if possible part number? Thank you in advance!