Eliminating that "lean"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
My 2010 Tahoe LT, like most any other Tahoe Ive seen has that "left side lean" -- mine's about a half inch. I recently installed a set of Eibach Pro Kit rear springs and achieved a perfect 2" drop. The front to rear is almost perfectly level, but made no difference in the 1/2" left side lean.

Just brainstorming here, but I wondered if anyone ever removed 1/8 coil out of the right front, or used adjustable sway bar end links in the rear to tweak out that lean?

I would think the change suspension performance would be negligible in the front, but not sure having different sized sway bar end links would be a great idea.

Any other OCD folks out there wanna chime in on how they eliminated their "lean"? All opinions appreciated.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2010 Tahoe LT, like most any other Tahoe Ive seen has that "left side lean" -- mine's about a half inch. I recently installed a set of Eibach Pro Kit rear springs and achieved a perfect 2" drop. The front to rear is almost perfectly level, but made no difference in the 1/2" left side lean.

Just brainstorming here, but I wondered if anyone ever removed 1/8 coil out of the right front, or used adjustable sway bar end links in the rear to tweak out that lean?

I would think the change suspension performance would be negligible in the front, but not sure having different sized sway bar end links would be a great idea.

Any other OCD folks out there wanna chime in on how they eliminated their "lean"? All opinions appreciated.
Lose weight?

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
Since I purchased a 2010 model just 5 months ago, Im gonna have to lay blame on any perceived "weight" issue to the previous owner, lol. But I could stand to loose a few lbs myself.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see how a panhard bar would fix your issue and driver weight isn't so much of the problem, either (unless you're really big). At least not when you're out of the truck. It's because the left side is heavier, mostly from the fuel tank. Those springs support more load so they wear more over time. The driver's weight contributes, but the fuel tank is where the majority of the weight is. Trying to correct this by torquing on the sway bar is a sketchy idea that can lead to unpredictable movement in turns at speed. I'm sure it's a minimal stress correcting for only 1/2", but it's still an uneven preload. At the very least, you'll be wearing out that side's link bushings faster than the the other side. Trimming a coil could fix it, but you're still altering the feel and response of just one corner or side. I'm sure it's minimal and possibly won't be felt, so it's kinda your only option if you don't want to lift the left side up 1/2" with a spacer(s). I can't say if trimming 1/8" is even possible or effective on these things.

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
I don't see how a panhard bar would fix your issue and driver weight isn't so much of the problem, either (unless you're really big). At least not when you're out of the truck. It's because the left side is heavier, mostly from the fuel tank. Those springs support more load so they wear more over time. The driver's weight contributes, but the fuel tank is where the majority of the weight is. Trying to correct this by torquing on the sway bar is a sketchy idea that can lead to unpredictable movement in turns at speed. I'm sure it's a minimal stress correcting for only 1/2", but it's still an uneven preload. At the very least, you'll be wearing out that side's link bushings faster than the the other side. Trimming a coil could fix it, but you're still altering the feel and response of just one corner or side. I'm sure it's minimal and possibly won't be felt, so it's kinda your only option if you don't want to lift the left side up 1/2" with a spacer(s). I can't say if trimming 1/8" is even possible or effective on these things.
Im thinking a slight reduction in the right front coil will at least make the front even (left to right) and that front left to right shift may have a slight affect in the rear also. The rear springs are brand new now so they shouldn't have the same fatigue the factory ones had. I hope I dont end up chasing my tail by constantly making corrections. All I know is I will be patient and stick to small changes until there's a cure for OCD.