Eliminating that "lean"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how a panhard bar would fix your issue and driver weight isn't so much of the problem, either (unless you're really big). At least not when you're out of the truck. It's because the left side is heavier, mostly from the fuel tank. Those springs support more load so they wear more over time. The driver's weight contributes, but the fuel tank is where the majority of the weight is. Trying to correct this by torquing on the sway bar is a sketchy idea that can lead to unpredictable movement in turns at speed. I'm sure it's a minimal stress correcting for only 1/2", but it's still an uneven preload. At the very least, you'll be wearing out that side's link bushings faster than the the other side. Trimming a coil could fix it, but you're still altering the feel and response of just one corner or side. I'm sure it's minimal and possibly won't be felt, so it's kinda your only option if you don't want to lift the left side up 1/2" with a spacer(s). I can't say if trimming 1/8" is even possible or effective on these things.

Geez dub.... stop taking the fun out things.... f’in killjoy.....;)

OP....i apologize for telling you to ‘lose weight’, it seems my ‘wise cracking antics’ are not appreciated here, i will move on..;)

Btw @iamdub is right, fuel tank is there steering box, etc more weight on driver side, plus driver all the time...extra 150, at least, constantly.....custom cut billet spacers all the way around but 1/4 inch taller on left side will level you out.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well all I can say is a panhard bar is only about $60-80 and it will literally take a few minutes to install, hell of a lot easier than doing springs and if it only corrects the back then all you have to deal with is the front, the factory bar is non adjustable, it's just my .02 cents for a possible fix

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP....i apologize for telling you to ‘lose weight’, it seems my ‘wise cracking antics’ are not appreciated here, i will move on..;)

Btw @iamdub is right, fuel tank is there steering box, etc more weight on driver side, plus driver all the time...extra 150, at least, constantly.....custom cut billet spacers all the way around but 1/4 inch taller on left side will level you out.
true didn't think of spacers, I would make sure they are secured in place in some manner so they don't come out or move

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score

Speaking of weight, No need to apologize btw, I also added a full size AGM battery to that extra tray behind the drivers side headlight. I also have a decent sized ported two sub enclosure in the back along with a small crane and a mobility scooter. I've managed to secure most of the extra baggage in the rear either center, or right of center where applicable. I got today and tomorrow to ponder it over, but I plan to get to wrenching on it Sunday -- Ill update my results then

ddubdb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have adjustable front struts im running 1 or 2 less spacers (icant remember) on the passenger front strut and it helps level my truck out. If you lower that corner technically it should help raise the left rear corner while leveling out front front as well. Ground to fenders on all 4 are roughly even at 33.5 with my drop..

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
I have adjustable front struts im running 1 or 2 less spacers (icant remember) on the passenger front strut and it helps level my truck out. If you lower that corner technically it should help raise the left rear corner while leveling out front front as well. Ground to fenders on all 4 are roughly even at 33.5 with my drop..
That's exactly what Im hoping will happen, thanks.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard of this lean. Never experienced though.
This is just odd to me. It doesn't happen to everyone, nor does it come off the assembly line like this.
I'm wondering if something is wrong.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard of this lean. Never experienced though.
This is just odd to me. It doesn't happen to everyone, nor does it come off the assembly line like this.
I'm wondering if something is wrong.

Mine does not lean. Not sure if it leaned before I replaced my shocks and struts.

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
I removed a short piece of coil in the front right. Now it sets perfectly level front to rear, on both sides -- however the right side is still higher by 1/4 inch. It's unnoticeable by the naked eye, and who knows, maybe another 100 miles in, things will settle. Im happy with it as it sits now. It looks level, and that was my end goal.
Level.jpg Coil.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9