Popping thud noise 2010 tahoe ltz only hear it when roads are wet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kemperboy01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
both hubs have been replaced recently so wheel bearings should be good and i have checked the ball joints for play did not find any play in them but i will check them again just to be sure

OP
OP
K

kemperboy01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if it makes any difference i did hear a slight bump when in my driveway on gravel while driving more of an up and down type bump

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it makes any difference i did hear a slight bump when in my driveway on gravel while driving more of an up and down type bump
Gotta be something like a control arm bushing, sway bar link, or ball joint. There's play in that setup somewhere. I wonder if the folks who frequent the lifted suspension subsection here might have some additional thoughts unique to your specific setup.

OP
OP
K

kemperboy01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
its looking that way i did try pulling the entire sway bar out and i still hear it so its gotta be like you said control arm bushing or ball joint. i am going to pull the bottom control arm up with a jack and double check that the top bolts are tight holding the strut maybe my dumb self did not get them tight enough

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the day I bought my Tahoe there has been a thud/clunk when turning left over uneven ground. Everything in the front has been replaced except for the steering rack and body mounts and the thud is still there to this day.

It seems to be coming from the front driver side area it could be body mount but I don't know if it's worth the effort to keep chasing

OP
OP
K

kemperboy01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i am getting that way where its almost like its not worth fooling with because almost everything has been replaced.mine is comming from the passenger side in under motor or that side of suspension it just annoying because it makes you think something is about to fall off

OP
OP
K

kemperboy01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
update i impacted the crap out of the top strut bolts and took it for a spin without the sway bar in line it seemed fine i did hear still some up and down metal to metal sounds but not as concerned about that but from a stop sign on take off i do not hear it i then came back put the sway bar back in line and i hear a faint thud so to sum it up i think the 2 main problems was orginally the strut (which i never removed until yesterday)and the sway bar link even though i replaced the end link but i did go cheap on sway bar link. i think my up and down metal to metal (maybe) is coming from the top control arm hitting the frame with it being stretched out but not sure. so all in all as long as it does not do it on take off i can deal the rest of the crazy noises this thing has made. the pic i attached is where i think the top control arm is hitting. hopefully all this will maybe help people who have the same issue that i did

Attachments

• 20240124_134136.jpg
    20240124_134136.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar