Dipped my emblems - Tahoe 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SkyWalker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You'd want to tape off a square about 2" larger than the perimeter of the letters and then use some plastic/masking paper for overspray. Otherwise, you'd never get it cleaned up to look good. Also, lay it on heavy inside the whole area you masked off. After it dries, remove the tape/masking paper, then peel it off any unwanted areas.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

backoff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, I got the whole front end protection by llumar 3m, so im gonna leave it.

Just bought the vLEDS for FOG/LicensePlate waiting the shipment

Did you end up Plasti Dipping the window trim like you mentioned in your original post? If so, any pics? Thanks

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand plasti dip did you use? never mind that is the brand....:emotions133:

Last edited:

GOFORIT5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On the front and rear Chevy emblems did you tape it off perfectly so the silver outline was covered with tape? I'm going to do my GMC soon. I'm wondering if you taped it off perfectly or did you do the rectangle like your other pictures show. Thanks

lweisenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Plastidip is pretty forgiving, if there is a distinct lip you'll be able to peel up what you dont want dipped. I dip'ed my entire front grill including badging then peeled my GMC logo back off to expose the red.

56A76A72-9811-416A-AF4E-1E8E1BF26C37.jpg

unoigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!

I have never used plasti dip. Question on the "Tahoe" and "LS" badging..... After painting, did you have to cut around the lettering so that anything on the side of the letters wouldn't peel off?

lweisenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No you should not have to cut anywhere, check youtube for a ton of videos on plastidip technique, dipyourcar has some of the better videos.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plastidip is pretty forgiving, if there is a distinct lip you'll be able to peel up what you dont want dipped. I dip'ed my entire front grill including badging then peeled my GMC logo back off to expose the red.

56A76A72-9811-416A-AF4E-1E8E1BF26C37.jpg

Can you post some more pics from a distance?

Looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DetcJohnKimble