Dipped my emblems - Tahoe 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unoigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you should not have to cut anywhere, check youtube for a ton of videos on plastidip technique, dipyourcar has some of the better videos.

Thanks... looks very easy to work with. What color is your Denali? The matte black looks good on it.

lweisenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
iridium metallic, but I didnt use matte black. I used Anthracite which is a special order(basically metallic grey). For black pick it up at homedepot for the best price.

jokerdev

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
iridium metallic, but I didnt use matte black. I used Anthracite which is a special order(basically metallic grey). For black pick it up at homedepot for the best price.
Any tips on doing it?
How many cans are needed? Looks very good!

lweisenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any tips on doing it?
How many cans are needed? Looks very good!

Clean whatever your going to plasti dip with dishsoap/water solution, then wipe down with a microfiber moistened with diluted denatured alcohol. Has to be complete dry before you start spraying or it will not adhere. Honestly just grab a can, mask off an area and spray and as long as you do 4-5 coats it will peel right off and if it doesn't a rag with a little WD-40 will take it of in seconds.

To do the emblems, grill, and misc trim was about 3 cans of spray. I used black for the 3 base coats because its cheaper and easier to get. I haven't done the Yukon's rims but to do a set of 20" rims it took 4 cans.