Dipped my emblems - Tahoe 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyWalker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there

My brand new tahoe arrived 2 days ago and i decided to go plastidip my emblems to black... also gonna plastidip the wheels, window trim, grill and taillights.

Pics Attached

Notice: This is my first time using plastidip

image3 (1).jpg

image1 (1).jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

SkyWalker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good

Thanks, I was worried about how it gonna look like, but man its so cool. also cheap :)

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

Tomorrow I will take to a shop for body protection and tinting...

After that I will do the wheels

OP
OP
S

SkyWalker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
tahoe currently in the shop for 3m body protection, window tint and windshield protection

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 75

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you glad it turned out this way

Do you have any photos of how you taped everything off before applying the plasti-dipped the Tahoe and LT emblems? Or did you not even bother taping anything off and just sprayed and then removed from the paint?

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any photos of how you taped everything off before applying the plasti-dipped the Tahoe and LT emblems? Or did you not even bother taping anything off and just sprayed and then removed from the paint?

You'd want to tape off a square about 2" larger than the perimeter of the letters and then use some plastic/masking paper for overspray. Otherwise, you'd never get it cleaned up to look good. Also, lay it on heavy inside the whole area you masked off. After it dries, remove the tape/masking paper, then peel it off any unwanted areas.

OP
OP
S

SkyWalker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Here you go...

Just make sure you spray enough coats... 4 coats is enough to make it peel easy

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5747.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

IMG_5751.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts