Decent deal or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That stuff comes out of the same factories maybe just a little more heavy duty but definitely the same quality

The trans has two extra gears the engine has 110 more HP and the suspension multiple modes. So again, may not 'cost' GM alot but its certainly more 'worth it' to me than shinier bits IMO.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'll gladly pay $20-30k more to not drive a base model vehicle. The power running boards themselves are worth $20k to me. Plus the better gauges, HUD, smart key, better looking door handles... it's not about the base of the vehicle for me, it's the little things. To each their own though. I don't pay your bills, nor you mine. I do think these suvs are more expensive than what they're actually worth. I mean my burb was $78k. Whaaat!?

Dooba

Reaction score
you should totally walk, 62k for an LT Tahoe? It would be a good deal if it was an LTZ.

Take this into consideration. We bought a 2016 Yukon SLT in March 2016 for 58k.
Out the door. Fully loaded. 58k.

fyi:
Denali>LTZ>SLT>LT>SLE>LS

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's why I bought a SSV versus a Loaded unit. at the end of the day it gets me from point a to point b

Also Remember they buy this stuff in bulk It may only be a few dollars difference. What's the difference between the 5.3 and the 6.2 block? casting is going to be the same price. all your sensors and the like are mostly the same and made in China or Mexico.

Remember when , Automatic, power steering, power brakes, A/C, power windows, tilt wheel, power locks and AM/FM stereo were all options? GM and Ford made a fortune on that shit, now it's all standard equipment , because it's most likely cheaper to design and manufacture one standard way. I also remember when you could order a vehicle ala carte, now it's option package A, B or C ( aka LS, LT, LTZ or Premier whatever)

exactly how i was thinking. if i were to go out to buy the 5.3 vs the 6.2 on my own, sure, there could be a $2-3k difference in that asking price. but for GM to drop a 6.2 into one of our SUVs on the line vs the 5.3? i would be shocked if that difference is more than $300-500. buying 5,000 engines at a time gets you a massive bulk discount haha.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think.....

2017 LT
Sun, entertainment, and destination package
Luxury package
22" rims

Msrp is 66,525

She says the best she can do is 62k with 0% for 72.

OP, No, this is a bad deal. A good deal would be as close as you can get it to $51,500, the current Manheim price. Manheim is the pricing software that all dealers use to value the current price of cars. You can think of it as something like a stock market for cars.

As someone else above said, because this is a 2017 and the 2018's are already out there is already depreciation that the 2017's have undergone, even new ones. So basically if you buy this car and drive it off the lot and do a U turn to bring it back and sell it to the dealer, they will give you $51,500. That's the Manheim auction price, which is also the true "value" of the car from a dealer's perspective. So what does this mean?? It means that you have room to negotiate to as close as $51,500 as you are able to. Anything above that is considered good from a dealer's perspective, no matter what they paid for it because they understand that cars are depreciating daily. Now this also does not mean that you will automatically get the car at just above $51,500, that depends on many factors, it just shows you the POTENTIAL room for negotiations. And it also tells you that no matter what, they will NEVER sell it below $51,500...until next month when it depreciates even further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jac1304

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is a fair price to pay and how do I use Manheim to my advantage. I don't have an access code. Most new vehicles you drive it off the lot and you lose money; so again how do I just figure out a fair price so the dealer stays in business.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what is a fair price to pay and how do I use Manheim to my advantage. I don't have an access code. Most new vehicles you drive it off the lot and you lose money; so again how do I just figure out a fair price so the dealer stays in business.

Manheim is an expensive, subscription based, software system that is only available to those who have a dealer license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$7k off MSRP.

We are at the end of 2017 and 18s are on the lot. I'm surprised I don't see more discounts around $10k yet. By this time last year, Covert Austin was advertising $13k off.

Earlier this year I bought my new burb at $11k off. It was built the previous month and had 16 miles on it when I took it home.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$7k off MSRP.

We are at the end of 2017 and 18s are on the lot. I'm surprised I don't see more discounts around $10k yet. By this time last year, Covert Austin was advertising $13k off.

Earlier this year I bought my new burb at $11k off. It was built the previous month and had 16 miles on it when I took it home.

But how did those translate into percentage off of msrp? That's the game

I'd ask for something astronomical like 20% and have them negotiate from there.

End of quarters and model years etc 15% off shouldn't be out of the question.