Decent deal or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever dealt with Dennis Dillion?

I actually just tired earlier today and the price story kept changing. They had a 2017 Yukon XL Denali with MSRP = $81,080, listed for $65,691 online. I emailed someone last night about the vehicle and today someone named Roger Edwards emailed me and told me this vehicle is actually a $69,191. Still a good deal, right? Well actually when I replied and told him I'm still interested he said "oh yeah, you also have to finance it through us". I asked him what the finance interest rate is that they charge and to assume I have the best credit. He said the interest rate is 6%, or if I choose to NOT finance with Dennis Dillion then they will charge me $2,500 more for this vehicle!!

Basically I felt like they lured me in with a low price and then kept adding more and more to it. Its supposed to go the other way!!

(I can forward the entire email chain to anyone who is interested)

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wish Laura Buick was closer to WA state. I noticed prices have gone up in last couple days on SLT by roughly 4k and Denali price is level at Laura Buick. It appears on the XL's they have sold roughly 15 units in last couple weeks, ( I have been looking consistently)... which for the 2nd largest dealer in US..doesn't seem like a lot to me...maybe I am wrong.

Anyone know of a good high volume dealer like this on the east coast? Koons Chevy GMC is close to me but I've looked at Laura Buick and those prices are even better.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I negotiated for $11k off for about a year and half... $11k off is definitely good, regardless of what it's msrp is. :D:grd: And on a 2017 unit in Feb of 2017, that's pretty good. A common discount I'm seeing right now across all trims and models is $7k off MSRP. That's all I was trying to get at...

$7k isn't a discount percentage it's a lump sum.

Put another way, ask yourself this...Is 11k a good 'discount' regardless of whether MSRP is 65k or 48k MSRP?

IMO, if you got over 10% off msrp you got a good deal. 15% off great deal. 20% off insane deal.

It's ok for us to disagree. As long as you believe you got a good deal (and you probably did but curious to know what your MSRP was) that's all that matters at the end of the day.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
$7k isn't a discount percentage it's a lump sum.

Put another way, ask yourself this...Is 11k a good 'discount' regardless of whether MSRP is 65k or 48k MSRP?

IMO, if you got over 10% off msrp you got a good deal. 15% off great deal. 20% off insane deal.

It's ok for us to disagree. As long as you believe you got a good deal that's all that matters at the end of the day.

I agree, and will add that 11k off a $200,000 vehicle is a BAD deal.

jac1304

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just tired earlier today and the price story kept changing. They had a 2017 Yukon XL Denali with MSRP = $81,080, listed for $65,691 online. I emailed someone last night about the vehicle and today someone named Roger Edwards emailed me and told me this vehicle is actually a $69,191. Still a good deal, right? Well actually when I replied and told him I'm still interested he said "oh yeah, you also have to finance it through us". I asked him what the finance interest rate is that they charge and to assume I have the best credit. He said the interest rate is 6%, or if I choose to NOT finance with Dennis Dillion then they will charge me $2,500 more for this vehicle!!

Basically I felt like they lured me in with a low price and then kept adding more and more to it. Its supposed to go the other way!!

(I can forward the entire email chain to anyone who is interested)

Thanks, your post gave me a clear picture of what my experience would be at Dennis Dillon... I would rather drive from Collinsville, IL to Seattle, Wa then deal with that run around.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He gave you a clear picture of someone that doesn't pay attention. Dennis Dillon has 3 prices.. MSRP, sale price and as low as. The sale price is already 15% off with an MSRP of $66k. Pretty good. And to refinance is very easy. I always refinance with State Farm.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He gave you a clear picture of someone that doesn't pay attention. Dennis Dillon has 3 prices.. MSRP, sale price and as low as. The sale price is already 15% off with an MSRP of $66k. Pretty good. And to refinance is very easy. I always refinance with State Farm.

They don't allow you to refinance for 6 months! If you do they will charge you a $2,500 penalty. If you buy the vehicle with cash outright, they will charge you a $2,500 fee (penalty). If you bring your own low cost financing, they will charge you $2,500 processing fee (penalty). Get the picture?

All dealers try to make money on financing, but I have never seen one that forces you into it no matter what. Also the fact that they purposely tried to mislead me on pricing is enough of a red flag for me to walk.

I'm sure there are others who like working with this dealer, but I can only discuss my own personal experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9