Decent deal or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder: with the two hurricanes that hit the continental US (Texas and Florida), good, used cars are selling for far more than they are likely worth. Keep that in mind as you seek discounts.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of cars all of a sudden in NY on the used market and they all say "Texas clean" or "Florida it's whole life" yea that's very encouraging, well for people who want to buy a hurricane ravaged vehicle.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh, that wasn't what I meant. What I meant was, "There were so many damaged and totaled cars in Texas and Florida this year that quality used vehicles from around the continental United States are selling at a higher price than they otherwise would/should."

Sorry for being unclear.

cekkk

Reaction score
Add to that, tax, title, docs, additional dealer profit (some call it advertising offset) and where are you? MSRP! It seems to be their latest scam.

Get on the phone and shop. You can save a lot of time and gasoline. And by not being in the showroom, they can't hold you hostage with trips back and forth to the "sales manager." That's pure bull.

I've bought several new cars from dealers I first visited when I picked up the new car. Twice, the salesman drove to another dealership to get the car I wanted. I'm sure both made a profit, yet that was the best deal I was able to secure.

cekkk

Reaction score
From what I've read and seen on TV, GM has a real problem moving their "regular" cars. I even heard the Impala could be discontinued. So what's their answer? Make up for it on SUVs and pickups. A GMC pickup can go over 70K and a Ford, over 80. Ridiculous.

Csurp

Reaction score
Hi all, new member.

Took delivery yesterday.

2017 Tahoe LT, Siren Red Tincoat, Cocoa/Dune, Rear bucket seats, Max Tow and MyLink Navi.

New Dealer Demo with 6K miles.

MSRP $56,115

Sold Price $42,280 plus the usual dealer fees, DMV and sales tax. What they don't make in the front they gain some in the back. LOL

They had a 2017 in Blue Velvet with no miles and the same options except no paint up charge that they were firm on at 46K.

I figured that both were 2017’s and once driven off the lot would be worth the same so why not take the extra 4k off?

I did take the $3,500 instead of the 0%. The numbers worked out better for me.

So, are there better deals coming? Who knows but this one is off to the ceramic coating shop on Monday.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25% off MRSP seems good. There is a 2017 Yukon XL SLT fleet buyback with 18,000 miles on a local lot here in a Nova Scotia and they are asking $67k!!!. MRSP is $72k on a new 2017 and with cash discount $69k before even negotiating.

Csurp

Reaction score
25% off MRSP seems good. There is a 2017 Yukon XL SLT fleet buyback with 18,000 miles on a local lot here in a Nova Scotia and they are asking $67k!!!. MRSP is $72k on a new 2017 and with cash discount $69k before even negotiating.
Part of the discount was the 3.5k incentive which wouldn't be available on the fleet Suburban.

But, that asking price is up there. Is there a short supply?

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've read and seen on TV, GM has a real problem moving their "regular" cars. I even heard the Impala could be discontinued. So what's their answer? Make up for it on SUVs and pickups. A GMC pickup can go over 70K and a Ford, over 80. Ridiculous.

I read the other day that Ford just flipped their first $100K F-150. Insane.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of the discount was the 3.5k incentive which wouldn't be available on the fleet Suburban.

But, that asking price is up there. Is there a short supply?
Yeah but still. The guy above got 25% of MRSP on a demo with half as many miles. They aren't widely available like a large metro area but, proportionally speaking, Canadians don't buy as many full-size SUVs compared to Americans so there isn't as much demand... especially in Nova Scotia. Smaller SUVs and full-size pickups are very popular however. I emailed the dealership back saying that I'd pay low 50's for the Yukon XL. The thing that makes me nervous about buying one is how much they depreciate... especially the first couple years. I test drove a F150 SuperCrew Lariat and it seems they have a much better depreciation rate in the first 5 years. Much easier to justify.... but I do really want the long-body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC