Cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running my K & N air intake for years now and never gotten a code from it (plus I always make sure I never over oil it). Also, if you have to clean your MAF, be sure to get the cleaner specific for cleaning MAF's and let it air dry (no compressed air, had a friend do it and it was no good! lol)

Kingx1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in the market for one as well. Think I might see if I can find that GM intake online. Does the stock airbox bring in cold air from the bottom of the box somewhere? Like is there a tube that leads to another area? I haven't had a chance to even open my airbox yet since I just bought my truck very recently.

mmeachem

Reaction score
I have the k&n cai on my 01 tahoe and it's given me nothing but problems, check engine light is on, bought 2- ac delco maf sensors along with maf sensor cleaner spray, still running like shit

I may sell it and try a different brand

Discounted Air Intakes & Filters Free Shipping | Autoplicity
Id check the code, may be another issue. I've been running my Spectre Intake for years now without an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been running the Spectre also, which is just like the K&N, and no problems. It's been on a year and a half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadnerAutomotive