Cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I bought a cheep eBay kit and have had no issues. And on my last truck had the K&N and had no issues. I would look in to your codes as others have said

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep getting code P02030 every time i scan the obd2, misfire on cylinder 7 along with 02 codes. What's really got me scratching my head is, i replaced the injectors, coils, plugs, wires, fuel regulator, fuel pump, fuel filter, 2- maf sensors,(all ac delco) etc. and ever since i installed the k&n cai, its been running like garbage...maybe too much air flow?

Worst part is, i threw the oem intake in the trash...prior to installing the k&n, everything ran smooth

Tomorrow i'm going to swap the coil, plug and wire from cylinder 7 and swap it with cylinder # 5, injector 7 is getting power so that will be last case scenario since it's a PIA to remove.

My last 3 guesses are maybe an engine coolant sensor, intake manifold gasket or knock sensors are to blame???

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes it is, i never oiled it as it came pre- oiled in the box
I hear some mixed reviews about the oiled air filters. A lot of guys don't like them, as they can mess up the maf sensors if over oiled. I was running the stock airbox with the k+n oiled flat filter, and it never threw a code. What happens when you clear the code?

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear some mixed reviews about the oiled air filters. A lot of guys don't like them, as they can mess up the maf sensors if over oiled. I was running the stock airbox with the k+n oiled flat filter, and it never threw a code. What happens when you clear the code?

I'm typically not a big fan of oiled filters due to problems with the maf...as soon as i clear the code the truck continues to run like crap. The only time it runs fine(for an hour tops) is after disconnecting the negative side of the battery for 5 minutes.

Rpm's continue to jump up and down almost stalling the engine

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So you're getting a misfire code on cylinder 7? Just saw the rest of your post about swapping the coils and wires, which I was going to suggest. Let us know what happens. I'm guessing you're getting the o2 code due to that misfire. I'm sure once you figure out the misfire, the o2 codes will be gone.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're getting a misfire code on cylinder 7? Just saw the rest of your post about swapping the coils and wires, which I was going to suggest. Let us know what happens. I'm guessing you're getting the o2 code due to that misfire. I'm sure once you figure out the misfire, the o2 codes will be gone.

Yea misfire on 7...I replaced 2 of the 4 o2 sensors as well, hopefully they have the other 2 in stock this morning. I'm thinking maybe something was damaged during delivery since i bought the parts from Amazon and we all know how ups/fed ex like to throw packages around lol

I may do a compression test if all else fails.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: After freezing my ass off all day, I finally figured out why my dirty hoe was running like shit

After replacing all my aftermarket engine crap with all new ac delco injectors, coils, plugs, wires,etc. i began scanning the obd2 and kept getting a misfire on cylinder 7. I began with swapping the coil, plug and wire from cylinder 7 and moving it to cylinder 5(i marked everything as to not mix them up)

After swapping everything out the hoe continued to run like crap. First thing i did was a compression test on both cylinders 5 and 7, both had perfect compression. I went a little old school and used my 2 ft long screwdriver placing the tip on each injector and the the handle up to my ear, i heard every injector ticking so i immediately ruled them out.

I then re-scanned the obd2 and was thrilled to see i was now getting a misfire on cylinder 5...i jumped in my other truck and drove to an ac delco certified parts store as they were pulling down the gates to lock up for the day. I managed to buy another coil and plug right before they closed, i drove home and replaced the coil and plug into cylinder 5 and ran a new test.

As soon as the truck started i immediately new the nightmare was over...no more misfires or codes!
Just an fyi...the 2 bolts holding the coils in place are 7mm

I also cleaned the maf sensor again with maf sensor cleaner prior to starting the truck

Here are a few pics

HOE 11.jpg

HOE 12.jpg

HOE 13.jpg

HOE 14.jpg

HOE 15.jpg

Last edited:

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see the difference between the "ac delco" crap i bought on amazon compared to actual oem parts...pic #2 real ac delco is on the left...pic #3 real ac delco is on the right

HOE 16.jpg

HOE 17.jpg

HOE 18.jpg

HOE 19.jpg