Cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So it was the coil? I think it sux some place can sell aftermarket as OEM and put it in an OEM box. Are you going to swap out all the new coils now or just wait it out? Why'd you change the originals? Just as a precaution? I read somewhere that the coils will either work or not. There's no in between. That sound right? Glad you figured it out.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it was the coil? I think it sux some place can sell aftermarket as OEM and put it in an OEM box. Are you going to swap out all the new coils now or just wait it out? Why'd you change the originals? Just as a precaution? I read somewhere that the coils will either work or not. There's no in between. That sound right? Glad you figured it out.

Thanks brother, yea i had a faulty coil on cylinder #7...I spent a lot of money on those coils so i'm just going to replace them as they fail, it takes literally 5 minutes to change each coil. I'm done ordering parts on line with a certified ac delco dealer 5 minutes away from me

I replaced the original coils because when i bought the truck it was not running, i figured i might as well replace everything since these engines are so easy to work on.

An ignition coil (also called a spark coil) is an induction coil in an automobile's ignition system that transforms the battery's low voltage to the thousands of volts needed to create an electric spark in the spark plugs to ignite the fuel...so yes, you correct that a coil is either good or bad(no in between)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, an ignition coil on the driver's side of the engine failed at the exact same time that you installed the K&N intake?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're just looking at the difference between ACDelco's standard parts and their Professional parts I believe. I know when I bought my Pitman arm there was a choice between the regular and Professional quality and the pro was bigger and more expensive.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're just looking at the difference between ACDelco's standard parts and their Professional parts I believe. I know when I bought my Pitman arm there was a choice between the regular and Professional quality and the pro was bigger and more expensive.

You're correct, i was talking with the parts guy at the counter and he was explaining the same thing you said. Most ac delco parts you buy online are usually delphi

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes #7 failed immediately after installing the k&n

Sounds like my kind of luck. I probably would've gone over every millimeter of the intake 20 times looking for an explanation, even though it's just a tube for air to move through, before ever just assuming that something totally unrelated just so happened to have failed at the same time. The universe smites me at times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne