Budget LM7 Expected HP gains?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukonjoe2001

Reaction score
Hello,
Im building my yukon on a budget, It already has a BTR stage 3 truck cam and a cold air intake. Im looking at adding a tbss intake with 36lb injectors, ported 862 heads, and will be installing shorty headers. I know people hate shorty headers, but they were cheap, lighter, look cooler, and do add around 8 HP.. Any estimates on expected HP at the flywheel with this combo?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hello,
Im building my yukon on a budget, It already has a BTR stage 3 truck cam and a cold air intake. Im looking at adding a tbss intake with 36lb injectors, ported 862 heads, and will be installing shorty headers. I know people hate shorty headers, but they were cheap, lighter, look cooler, and do add around 8 HP.. Any estimates on expected HP at the flywheel with this combo?
Biggest bang for the buck is to get a tune from a reputable tuner, none of those canned tunes.
I have the BTR stage 3 cam--plus other mods and I'm getting around 350 at the wheels. That's what really matters imo--at the wheels not at the flywheel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yukonjoe2001

Yukonjoe2001

Reaction score
Hello,

Biggest bang for the buck is to get a tune from a reputable tuner, none of those canned tunes.
I have the BTR stage 3 cam--plus other mods and I'm getting around 350 at the wheels. That's what really matters imo--at the wheels not at the flywheel.
I definitely want a dyno tune in the future.. Only problem is i live in northern Michigan, i would have to travel 2-3 hours..lol

OP
OP
Yukonjoe2001

Yukonjoe2001

Reaction score
Well if you don't have much highway time, 4.56s are always a fun set of gears. But if you have a lot of highway time, 4.11s are probably a good bet.
Thanks.. Ive been considering a factory 4.10 gear.. Lol, for some reason a 4.11 is like $150 more vs a 4.10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar