Cluster Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Shaw520

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You Sasq,... If thats the case then I WONT do it,... I can monitor Trans Temp with my Torgue Pro App, either through my smart phone or on my Kenwood Head unit 6.1" display. When Im traveling or hauling I usually have one or the other on display.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have done EXHAUSTIVE research on the trans temp add. NBS trucks through mid 04 appear to work by just adding the stepper motor (and obviously the face and needle). Halfway through 04, they start requiring the gauge to be "turned on " in the cluster program. Multiple shops /services can preform this, but everybody is very tight lipped about how it's done. At first I thought maybe a tech 2 could do it, but now I don't think it can. I have one guy near me that says if I bring him the cluster with the gauge added, he can 'turn it on with his factory scanner' I'm not so sure. I recently found one more gauge cluster guy /shop not too far away who advertises the service. I have yet to call on that one.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the data stream changed in '03, somewhat went from analog to a Class 3 data bus. I got a cluster from an '02 Yukon Denali with the trans temp gauge and, once I made an adapter harness to make the different pin locations plug-and-play, all the gauges worked in my '02 S10 including the trans temp gauge.

Maybe this is why the newer ones require more involved steps.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I got an Esky cluster from an 04 and after having it rebuilt--with no programming done--everything worked fine in my 03, including the trans temp gauge.

OP
OP
Shaw520

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow ! A lot of variables,... and because im 04',.. kinda makes it a crap shoot.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok. Someone said up to a certain year it was plug and play. Then from a certain year the bcm might need to be programmed for it. Was just adding my personal experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076