Cluster Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Shaw520

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, ill keep posting as go through the process. Im also found a process where you craefully scrap the orange paint off the back of the needles/pointers and apply some bright blue paint, ill be doing that too...better than shelling out another $30 for pointers.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thank you, ill keep posting as go through the process. Im also found a process where you craefully scrap the orange paint off the back of the needles/pointers and apply some bright blue paint, ill be doing that too...better than shelling out another $30 for pointers.
I wish I did that with mine. I hate the orange needles.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I used rubbing alcohol and, well... rubbing on the needles in my '02 S10. Scraping would've scratched the plastic and I wanted them completely clear. It took a little while, but it dissolved the orange paint with no damage to the plastic.

OP
OP
Shaw520

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about it.... is it just a matter of getting an extra stepper motor, then plug and play ?...if that the case I'll order up a stepper motor now.

OP
OP
Shaw520

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure,... I think I read somewhere that it is plug and play,.... I know my Torgue App show Trans temp,... so its in there somewhere !

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what i remember in order for it to work the cluster has to be from a denali or an HD 2500 truck that came with the trans temp gauge to work. Something in the cluster has to be done for it to work in a truck that didn`t have it from the factory.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this on a gauge repair service site that can add the temp gauge, It looks like the cluster needs to be programmed.

We are now able to add a transmission temperature gauge to your existing instrument cluster for the following GM and GMC vehicles: Silverado 1500, Sierra, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, or Avalanche. The charge is $80.00 and includes programming, the additional stepper motor, needle and swapping out the instrument cluster gauge face

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n