Changing Steering Speed Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95tahoe

Reaction score
alright thanks. i just wanted to make sure that this was not another symptom of the steering sensor wearing out because i have heard very little about them before.

Phil S.

Reaction score
I used the Dorman part from Rock Auto DORMAN Part # 905510 {#26064468} 22.79 They have two of the same part. One was a couple bucks more expensive. I called Dorman and they said they were the same part so I ordered the cheaper one.

I disconnected the battery as I read it would ensure not triggering the Airbag on accident. I also turned the wheel slightly left to get the 15mm bolt pointing straight down. Something else that would have helped is knowing that the connector was a bit different and had a green tab that needed to be pulled back and not just push down on it. The wiring is tight but it will give you access.

Motown 454

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Phil I'll watch out for the green tab on the wiring amd definately disconnect the batery. Thats the kind of thing that can drive you crazy.

Wayne

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo