Changing door lock settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I’m out in tennesee this week, visiting my sister, bro in law and the kids. and trying to get my brother in law more on board with GMC…. Lol he’s been a toyota guy and doesn’t fully understand why I love my GMC. he bought a 2001 sierra SLE 2WD from his great aunt, not quite two years ago. In pretty good shape and pretty well maintained mechanically but has some smalL issues to tackle.

Anyways what I wanted to ask is if there’s a way to change the automatic door lock settings on his 2001? No owners manual unfortunately. And I don’t believe his 2001 has any info in the cluster screen other than the gear shift indication and the odometer. No steering wheel controls. So I’m guessing he can’t change how they lock? Or if it can be done is it a process following multiple steps? I know how to change everything like that in my rig but that’s because it’s a 2006 with all the settings in the cluster info screen and steering wheel controls.

Edit: reading around seems like it might not be easily doable like the 2003+ trucks but might possibly be doable with a tech2, i brought mine with me on the trip so it’s available to use if anyone knows where to start with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can look at the manual online.
I read an excerpt from a silvy manual and it detailed the process but doesn’t sounds like what I’m trying to do. But it also doesn’t sound like this truck is capable of the multiple different lock and unlock scenarios like my truck is. Here’s the excerpt I read on GM-Trucks.com in a thread talking about this topic that I found searching google.

Attachments

• IMG_7442.png
    IMG_7442.png
    911.8 KB · Views: 6

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hard to say how that part works, since it's not clear. Why not pick one option, program it, and see what happens?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts