Cabin Air Filter??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to replace the cabin air filter in a 2014 GMC Yukon? I cannot find it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure you have one? AFAIK, they discontinued them for the GMT900. There are retrofit kits for you to easily install one, though.

OP
OP
W

WRMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You sure you have one? AFAIK, they discontinued them for the GMT900. There are retrofit kits for you to easily install one, though.
No i'm not sure and there is nothing about it in the owners manual. The guy where I get my oil changed told me I need to change it and said he had the part, but I usually don't buy their marked up filters. I also called my local GMC dealer and the service guy said he thinks it does. Thanks for your reply.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
No i'm not sure and there is nothing about it in the owners manual. The guy where I get my oil changed told me I need to change it and said he had the part, but I usually don't buy their marked up filters. I also called my local GMC dealer and the service guy said he thinks it does. Thanks for your reply.

If you have it, it's under the glove box. Rectangular door with one screw at the end towards the seat. If you don't, you'll see the "cutout" where the door would be and the post/hole for the screw. Dorman has a kit with the filter, door, and screw. You can cut it open to put one in.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could've been added by a previous owner if you didn't buy your Yukon new. Does your A/C have an odor when it's on? If neither of those is true, then I'd question the honesty of the guy at the oil change place.

If you have an odor and no cabin filter, then you might have a plugged evaporator drain causing water to sit in the box and grow mildew. There are plenty of simple fixes for this- just Google around. If you need or want to add a cabin air filter, you can buy the parts (kit) off Amazon. There's at least one how-to thread on installing this kit on this forum. I recommend getting the activated charcoal filter if any.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Multiple threads on the subject..as stated.... extremely easy to do if not done already.... few screws and a sheet rock knife....

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2013 GMC Yukon Denali does not have a cabin filter

OK, that's what I need to know. Even the local GNC dealer wasn't sure when I called them. Thanks

Again, alot of misinformation on this. It may in fact have one if a previous owner cut one in. Easy to check under the dash. Yes, from the factory certain models didn't come with it.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, to my surprise our 11 doesn't have one.
Do plan to add it.

Could be that the quick change guy just assumed it had one. Real easy to check.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157