Cabin air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Summer b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have an 08 yukon slt..I am trying to check/change the cabin air filter on it. I have watched countless videos on this and none have been helpful. I have taken my glove box off as you normally would on a vehicle and upon looking Inside that little area. There is no spot that I can see for the cabin filter to go. Where I'm looking is nothing like any of the videos I've watched. Can anyone please send a video or explain it better. Am I just missing it...otherwise I don't think I have one.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is accessed from below, so you need to remove the lower cover. One screw forward of the center console is a little difficult to reach..

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, they don't all have it either.. it was kinda a dealer installed kit on customer request. as I understand it.

I thought I had the tsb but can't find it quickly.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Has a cabin air filter, according to RA and the cover is like what @mikez71 said. You need to lay on your back and look up to the bottom of the heater box housing.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's the tsb incase you don't have one.

mine looked like someone did the mod with a butter knife and when they jammed the filter it, it just folded up and didnt filter much. I'm guessing a dealer tech. they specialize in fast not good. or they don't make any money.

watch out to don't do this to it when you install it.
PXL_20220929_201211135.MP.jpg

Attachments

• cabin air filter MC-10135200-9999.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Welcome, it’s funny, GM and others sell cabin air filters for 07-14 trucks but GM never equipped them with any. It was an issue for some in dusty climates and GM offered a retrofit kit only if the customer knew to ask.

They currently offer two GM kits, both are identical and the Dorman kit. All are the same. After the tub shaped cover is removed from beneath the p/s glove box you’ll have easy access to the recessed area that must be removed. It simply allows the filter to slide in to an area already designed to hold it.

Buy a factory GM filter the first time so you can see where it has notched cut outs allowing I to slide in/out easier. After that you can notch aftermarket filters to match it.

69F85F61-88B3-4A18-ACF1-74F5FAA0CCF3.jpeg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have an 08 yukon slt..I am trying to check/change the cabin air filter on it. I have watched countless videos on this and none have been helpful. I have taken my glove box off as you normally would on a vehicle and upon looking Inside that little area. There is no spot that I can see for the cabin filter to go. Where I'm looking is nothing like any of the videos I've watched. Can anyone please send a video or explain it better. Am I just missing it...otherwise I don't think I have one.

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to remove the black kick panel, 4X 7mm hex head screws. The fourth screw, on the left (nearest driver‘s side) is easiest accessed from driver’s side. It may already be removed since it’s common for service installers to skip this fourth screw when reinstalling. I used Fram filters last time. It takes two filters and they are normally sold two per package. I’m the photo below you can see two of the four screw locations, driver’s side is lower in the photo.

B6BD6FFC-5314-4F89-8218-A1124DA77B13.jpeg

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Just viewed @j91z28d1 download attachment after figuring out how to download it on a phone. That nailed it. Thanks for the socket size. You’ll need the extend length socket and a wobble attachment.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to remove the black kick panel, 4X 7mm hex head screws. The fourth screw, on the left (nearest driver‘s side) is easiest accessed from driver’s side. It may already be removed since it’s common for service installers to skip this fourth screw when reinstalling. I used Fram filters last time. It takes two filters and they are normally sold two per package. I’m the photo below you can see two of the four screw locations, driver’s side is lower in the photo.

View attachment 405515

2 filters?

those look nothing like mine. mine uses one filter that is designed to fold on its way in for clearance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10