Cabin Air Filter??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they do a lot. Lol
Just like with air filters. They'll wipe a old one with dirt and show it to the customer. Then leave the current filter in and pocket it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

elassoto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No i'm not sure and there is nothing about it in the owners manual. The guy where I get my oil changed told me I need to change it and said he had the part, but I usually don't buy their marked up filters. I also called my local GMC dealer and the service guy said he thinks it does. Thanks for your reply.
No, i looks like the cheap jerks at GMC decided just to mould the cavity in, so you have to buy a conversion kit. Too bad since the GMC AC isn't that strong to begin with and when the coils get dirty, it gets worse.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I added the kit in our 08 YXL Denali. It’s a PITA to cut the recessed area with a razor knife and / or hack saw. I have yet to add it to our 09 Esky.

It is worth the trouble to add it. Purchase a $9.99 hot knife from Amazon and turn the 60-90 min job into a 10 min job. It’ll also turn out better. After the job was done and the hvac louvers were wiped, the dusty residue never returned.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I added the kit in our 08 YXL Denali. It’s a PITA to cut the recessed area with a razor knife and / or hack saw. I have yet to add it to our 09 Esky.

It is worth the trouble to add it. Purchase a $9.99 hot knife from Amazon and turn the 60-90 min job into a 10 min job. It’ll also turn out better. After the job was done and the hvac louvers were wiped, the dusty residue never returned.
The second time I did the addition, I used a mini torch to heat a hardback razor blade. The score line cut like butter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17