access panel for the cabin air filter.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
undy

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bracket is L shaped. It screws in the back of the glove box assembly. The three visible screws in the attached pic is the bottom of the panel I need. It extends up and back, hence a "L" shaped panel. The panel is available but I just can't get the azzhole parts manager to return my call for the part number. He also was supposed to send me a check to pay for it, which he never did too. I left a message with the GM of the dealership to escalate it. It really pisses me of since I spent $125K in vehicles with them.

Anyone that has changed a cabin filter in a 2015 to 2020 Yukon has had to remove that panel to access the cabin filter. It's in the rear of the glove box assembly.

OP
OP
undy

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received a call-back from the service manager yesterday. He was very apologetic for not following up with me. He also corrected me on what I "thought" he said. The panel I am needing is not a separate part, with a its own GM part number. It is included with and an integral part of the entire glove box assembly. He is having the whole sha-bang drop shipped to me from GM at no cost to me. He asked me to call him back in 10 days to let him know if/if not I received it.

Sorry and thanks to all that tried to help me in spite of the incorrect info that I provided. I will update the thread once it's received.

OP
OP
undy

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just and update... The parts/service manager ordered me the entire glove box and surround assembly. It contains the singular part that I need. After he received it from GM he in turn shipped it to me. It took a while as it was unavailable for a couple months from GM. I'm very pleased with the outcome, after the service procedure that the mechanic neglected to put the part back on after the cabin air filter was replaced. This was done before I even owned the Yukon. Top notch service!

Adam5SS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just and update... The parts/service manager ordered me the entire glove box and surround assembly. It contains the singular part that I need. After he received it from GM he in turn shipped it to me. It took a while as it was unavailable for a couple months from GM. I'm very pleased with the outcome, after the service procedure that the mechanic neglected to put the part back on after the cabin air filter was replaced. This was done before I even owned the Yukon. Top notch service!
I need those 6 screw. Well technically I need one of them. I am betting someone dropped one and didn't go into parts when they were doing an oil change and looking to see if they also could sell me a cabin air filter. Do you know the part number for the screws? I can't seem to find it!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need those 6 screw. Well technically I need one of them. I am betting someone dropped one and didn't go into parts when they were doing an oil change and looking to see if they also could sell me a cabin air filter. Do you know the part number for the screws? I can't seem to find it!
should be the same screws that are used in 90% of the rest of the interior, pull one out from under the steering wheel cover area and match it up at the auto parts store or hardware store. philips head screw.

Adam5SS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
should be the same screws that are used in 90% of the rest of the interior, pull one out from under the steering wheel cover area and match it up at the auto parts store or hardware store. philips head screw.
Its actually a star head.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its actually a star head.
should be same size though a philips one will work just as well, that's just gm's way of trying to make you bring it to them
for that matter "any" screw that fits will work, it's just plastic trim, it's not like it's a wheel lug nut that has to be torqured to 140lbs

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
should be same size though a philips one will work just as well, that's just gm's way of trying to make you bring it to them
for that matter "any" screw that fits will work, it's just plastic trim, it's not like it's a wheel lug nut that has to be torqured to 140lbs
But it won’t look the same when i pull the glove compartment door down and everyone will know its not the right screw Doobie….;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo