P0174

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It would be helpful to see short- and long-term fuel trims (both banks) at idle and at, say, 1500 or 2000 rpm.

OP
OP
H

hmclaughlin67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It would be helpful to see short- and long-term fuel trims (both banks) at idle and at, say, 1500 or 2000 rpm.

Sorry for no reply for a while there everyone. I got back at around 3am saturday morning and then worked a double from 7-11 all of yesterday lol. Anyways, both the short and long term fuel trims didn’t trigger any alarms. Long term was even on both sides, usually anywhere in between -3% and 3%. Short term never rose above 10% or below -10% either. The O2 sensor readings are good as well, the voltage is swinging back and forth like it should. So far, the code hasn’t come back yet however. I’m going to buy a bottle of that Chevron Techron that I’ve seen so many of you recommend on other posts on this forum. If anything changes as well I will update again, but for now the code is gone and still no drivability issues. I’m leaning towards either a bad batch of gas, or the MAF sensor being too dirty from the hole in the air box. Most likely both though, and hopefully the code doesn’t come back and I don’t have to chase down a vacuum leak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts