cab lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lmc truck. they came with switch too but didnt use. going to mess with the power wires today and get the other lights working. longest part is taking the time to get them all laid out on the roof.

Cool! I think I found them HERE.

There are two styles, regular bulb PN:38-1072 and Led's PN:38-1076. Which kind did you get?

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i messed a ground up on one and others dont have good connection. working on them today and going to try and tap into parking lights somwhere. i should have them all working tonght

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to do cab lights but I think I'll go for the smoked ones from Recon, so they kinda hide in the day and do their job at night.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Hey BUS if you want those lite were typically wired to the convinience center in a two pin socket labeled gry it had the ground and feed. Check to see if they are live and active and find some terminals to fit. if not the splice from the headlight switch to the various light is approx, 15 cm from headlamp dimmer switch connector. It is colored brown. it splits to all the other switched marker lighting.

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
splice using those inline splice things? or is there a better way? ill have to check and see if the box on floor board works

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
one way is to go to dealer to see if the wil sell you the pigtail with terminal instead of the whole harness(still available BTW) or junkyard with a dual rear wheel truck and strip the roof marker harnesss out or at the cut it's connector off from down below and splice it so you can plug it in the power block oem style. If you do the brown wire splice find an unused splice output if possible or splice with a tap splice into existing used one of them. Your are drawing a minimal amout of power. Hell even fuse it too if you want just measure total current draw of all five light and round up to the nearest fuse. helps to narrow down circuit breaks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a harness but sold it... ill try and find the connector or something

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

and what do u mean by brown wire splice?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the brown wire from the head switch I mentioned earlier is the parking/marker output. after leaving the switch it is spliced with several other browns which go to variious places like tail/front marker/parking light and if provisioned down to the convenience center where roof markers harness can plug into(above picture). It is a good place to tap into for various function outputs like say putting a power status light for when something thru there is powered on. There are lots of possibilties.