New Here! Want some suggestions on LED lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinthewoods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey ladies gents,

Im Justin from Denver, I just purchased a 2010 Tahoe LT with 125k miles that is pretty clean. I absolutely love it !!! I want to do some mods to it, and the first will be led lights inside and out since it seems easy and cheap. Does anyone have good suggestions for: inside LEDs that are bright, headlights, and clear corners. Also is going with LED for head lights the best option? I want something super bright(I don’t see the best at night) E8163CE4-672B-4B28-866B-6D01D2121380.jpegThank you very much for having me in this group, your community seems so knowledgeable and freaking awesome! Happy I found y’all !!!

Last edited:

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get aftermarket projector headlights. And hikari leds bulbs have worked out for me in the past

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

I converted all incandescent bulbs to LEDs on my truck.

Except for the headlights and fog lights, I don't believe that there is any one brand that is superior to the other brands.

For headlights, I use GTR Ultra 2 LEDs. They are not cheap, but they come with a lifetime warranty. And, they are adjustable to ensure a proper light beam pattern.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&Queens NY Justin!

Nice Tahoe. You got the perfect color! Looks to be in excellent condition.

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Welcome!

@RichardCranium and I will both tell you, cheap LED's aren't good, and good LED's aren't cheap. Beware of skewed luminosity (raw vs actual output), and beware of light scattering. As far as headlights go, I'd recommend some type of projector before just throwing LED's into the headlights. If you're set on not spending a fortune (understandable) I'll have some LED headlights for sale here very soon, as soon as my new housings show up. They are Diode Dynamics (one of the leaders in LED technology) SL1's.

OP
OP
Justinthewoods

Justinthewoods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome!

@RichardCranium and I will both tell you, cheap LED's aren't good, and good LED's aren't cheap. Beware of skewed luminosity (raw vs actual output), and beware of light scattering. As far as headlights go, I'd recommend some type of projector before just throwing LED's into the headlights. If you're set on not spending a fortune (understandable) I'll have some LED headlights for sale here very soon, as soon as my new housings show up. They are Diode Dynamics (one of the leaders in LED technology) SL1's.
Beautiful looking truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan