Bombsquads 05 Denali build..... sorta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed out my front Wiper fluid motor. While the truck was up (had to lift the truck to get access to the motor) I took the time to grease the tierods and ball joints and found this....

Looks like I need to get a new axle and possible another control arm.

Does moog have a warranty? Or does it matter if I have ac delco on one side and moog on the other?

View attachment 223928 View attachment 223929
Shouldn’t matter if you replaced one side or both. Check their website for warranty info. And what about your knock sensor problem?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided out of curiosity to check Moog’s warranty. It’s complicated tbh. Their premium line is guaranteed for life for non-commercial applications but you have to go through the supplier you bought it from, so you’re at their mercy. Their cheaper line which is made in Taiwan in order to compete with the lowball parts have 3 years 36,000 miles.

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided out of curiosity to check Moog’s warranty. It’s complicated tbh. Their premium line is guaranteed for life for non-commercial applications but you have to go through the supplier you bought it from, so you’re at their mercy. Their cheaper line which is made in Taiwan in order to compete with the lowball parts have 3 years 36,000 miles.

Thanks I got all the suspension from amazon

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn’t matter if you replaced one side or both. Check their website for warranty info. And what about your knock sensor problem?

Light comes and goes as it pleases lol I dont want to take it all apart again just to find out nothing's wrong. And j dont want to buy replacement parts if I dont know what's wrong

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything else on this?

No I wish. It's the same code as the first time. I probably should pull the intake manifold. It's just so much work and if I find a problem j have to put it all back together, order parts then take it apart again

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So 8 month update. Not much has changed. I recently did my plugs and wires, that was a pain. But I'm planning on redoing my interior soon. Any ideas on the best places to get replacement leather for all 3 rows (or at least the first 2 rows)

Also recommendations for carpet

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So 8 month update. Not much has changed. I recently did my plugs and wires, that was a pain. But I'm planning on redoing my interior soon. Any ideas on the best places to get replacement leather for all 3 rows (or at least the first 2 rows)

Also recommendations for carpet
Katzkin for leather if you can find a kit on EBay or online. I just did my 08 Silverado for $575 total. For carpet www.ocautocarpets.com or www.stockinteriors.com they both sell the same product, ACC is the manufacturer. I’ve used ACC carpet in both my trucks and they fit great.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed stockinteriors.com is what I used. Make sure and get a heavy duty pair of scissors/shears to cut through that jute backing as well.

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So update. Interior is on hold should be closing on my house at the end of the month.

What I did have done is I had my stock cats removed and I must say it sounds great and it feels like the truck is a little more alive.

I do currently have a CEL for P0102 and I'm currently trying to figure that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700