Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even think the ss cover is made for the 99-02 hd front
Duraflex makes a Denali style bumper cover which I think is super clean on our trucks. But then you would need to move your bumper back up. And I know you don't want to do that because you want to keep your grille

There's one on eBay now. https://m.ebay.com/itm/1999-2000-20...863174?hash=item2cd50b85c6:g:e4kAAOSwSzdXCGlp

However, ill probably just do what everyone else does and paint the hd cap and bumper for now. I also plan to keep the one I pull off, then modify that while it's sitting in the garage...

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
There's one on eBay now. https://m.ebay.com/itm/1999-2000-20...863174?hash=item2cd50b85c6:g:e4kAAOSwSzdXCGlp

However, ill probably just do what everyone else does and paint the hd cap and bumper for now. I also plan to keep the one I pull off, then modify that while it's sitting in the garage...
Oh nice. I knew some guys were making custom ones . Didn't realize a company was making them, and not a bad price either. I was thinking of duraflex and street scene and those name brand companies. They should make a different style tho imo

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh nice. I knew some guys were making custom ones . Didn't realize a company was making them, and not a bad price either. I was thinking of duraflex and street scene and those name brand companies. They should make a different style tho imo

Yeah, I am very leery of running a duraflex or fiberglass front bumper. Hood, I'm cool with that, just not the bumper due to the proximity it has to the ground and bouncing debris...

And I have an idea how to make something that still looks stock but will accentuate the track width I have up front a little more.

Hell, I still have it in my head to go with a set of wide ass fiberglass fenders (I know, more fiberglass), then having my control arms extended the 5 or 6 inches on each side that is needed to push the wheels out far enough to meet the edge of the fender.

But then I have to dive into doing something similar with the rear end and grafting flared bedsides for a Silverado onto the Tahoe is going to be a real pain in the ass... something that will take much more time than just a long weekend. Basically, I have to have a different vehicle. lol....

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
C3 Quadrasteer bed sides be perfect . See if you can wrap it all the way around and use truck tails instead of suv tails

The tricky part would be the rear door that swoops over the rear wheel.... if you can work that out, it'd be pretty trick, for sure.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine that it would take tacking/mounting in place, then precisely cutting along the door edge/line. From there it would just take filling the gap between the current body and the new outer skin and handle relocation...