Black Bear Tune!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My shifts points are much smoother and less noticeable.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do they firm up the shift points or make it smoother and less noticeable?

For performance you want them firm! Why would you want them less noticeable? Stock settings are hardly noticeable!:shrug:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Firm shifts = performance? :think:

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firm shifts = performance? :think:

Yes! Hot rodding 101 you want more performance from an automatic you instal a shift kit ( or firm up your shifts). Stays in gear longer and much less lag almost like a shift kit! Years ago you needed a kit these days its done with electronics...

Or maybe I was in the sun too long today and I should shut the eff up! lol

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words and condolences guys. BBP is trying hard to get caught back up as quickly as possible. Hug your loved ones a little closer tonight.

For those who already have their tunes, enjoy!!

Sent from a jelly bean.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes! Hot rodding 101 you want more performance from an automatic you instal a shift kit ( or firm up your shifts). Stays in gear longer and much less lag almost like a shift kit! Years ago you needed a kit these days its done with electronics...

Or maybe I was in the sun too long today and I should shut the eff up! lol

I know what you're saying here as my '77 is set up this way with a B&M shift kit, has firm shifts and performs flawlessly. The shift from 1st to 2nd is signficant enough that I can lay rubber if i'm accelerating quickly enough. With that, though, the tune made my burb stay in gear longer as well (when I'm in the skinny pedal intending to accelerate quickly) but when it does shift it shifts flawlessly and smoothly. There's none of that "jerky" shifting that you'd get from the shift kits but still accomplishes the same thing.

EDIT: it should be noted that my experience with this tune is with my 4 speed and my experiences may be considerably different than those with the 6 speed auto transmissions.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin made my shift points firm for max performance on the sport mode. They are still more firm on regular mode but not any difference unless your getting on it.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do they firm up the shift points or make it smoother and less noticeable?

They generally firm the shifts up but not so much that they are uncomfortable. As for the actual shift points, Justin takes your data and will adjust at what point in the RPM range the truck shifts to optimize driveability.

Last edited:

kbt74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered my Autocal right about the time of their family loss. Needless to say I have been anxious and Justin just let me know that I am in the que, I feel like i just won a prize. This is the way to go with tuning. I hope the crew at Black Bear will accept my apologies if I was being difficult during the initial process. I just kept reading post about all the improvements to their vehicle and it has felt like xmas eve everyday!!!(cant sleep the night before, anticipating gifts) I will post results and feedback when I get it dialed in with Justin

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019