Bit the bullet and bought a 2015 Escalade ESV - Now I have a bunch of quesions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say also if they wont work with you then go straight to the loan company because if they sold you a vehicle and it states on the loan that it is a particular vehicle and it's not I would think there would be some serious legal implications for them there as well. if you paid cash well that's another story then.

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vector: if you have a 7 day exchange option, I'd definitely use it and grab an 8 speed! Better to be out 7% than to be stuck with a 6 speed forever. Plus as other people mentioned, you might run into issues with parts compatibility due to the changeover. Obviously, just verify the vin before settling on the new one. You might see if the salespeople can waive the restocking fee.

To clarify- I have never swapped a transmission on a GM truck. I swapped out the automatic transmission on my 300zx for a manual. One of the best decisions I made on my Z, however it took a whole week. Lots of soldering, re-wiring, wrenching, cursing, etc.

StephenW

Reaction score
Those features you are looking for are on the 2015.5 or 2015+ versions.

I bought a used 2015 Denali XL from a GMC dealership that was listed as an 8 speed. After I bought it I read a bunch of stuff on this forum and figured out that ass probably not true - don’t have the kick rear gate or wireless charging.

I called the dealer in it and they were willing to work with me on getting into another one but they didn’t have what I liked. I would have had to give up too many more features that I wanted (hud/retracting sideboards/different color) for it to be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update????

The sales manager said he is going to try to find me a 2015 with an 8 speed at the auction for around the same price that I paid. He asked if he could find me a 2016 for a little more. While I wouldn't have a problem with a 2016, I said the price needs to remain at or very close because I was already paying more than I had originally planned to get into a Denali or Escalade.
They are seemingly empathizing with me, and things are remaining friendly at this stage. That might be in part because I have not had the use of it since they sent me out with a bad battery, and I could not drive it expect for the first night I took it off the lot.

I think my biggest hurdle is going to be avoiding the 7% restocking fee, which he claims is needed to cover their costs. While I have no doubt there are some costs, it is not $3k worth.

BTW - I tried to go on the KBB to distinguish the difference in cost between the 6 speed (& missing a bunch of extras) vs. the 8 speed. Unless i was doing it wrong, it was not showing a price difference between the 6 vs. 8.
I am trying to figure this out in advance in case they come back saying an 8 speed will cost me X amount more than a 6 speed will, to know if they are being on the up & up with me.

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. Maybe someone can chime in who went from a 2015 to a 2015.5 to get the 8speed as several did. Those that made the jump didn't really complain about a price increase. Maybe you could get him to split the 7% which I think would be more in line with actual Dealer cost although I think he should waive the fee based on the circumstance. Good luck and I hope you end up with the right vehicle.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should eat the 7% due to false advertising and an ignorant salesman. Otherwise I’d be blasting them on every review site possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts