Possible 2009 Escalade Platinum ESV flip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was scrolling Facebook Marketplace today and randomly came across a 2009 Platinum Escalade ESV for $4000. The truck appears to be in great condition but sellers claiming the engine has some lifter noise on start up and the trucks throwing a P0700 DTC. He also said that the TCM was recently replaced, but the trucks still going into limp mode. Ive done a little research into the P0700 DTC and everything I’ve read points to high trans temps and the torque converter causing problems in the 5-6 clutches. I was thinking about buying it to flip but the KBB on the truck with 210K miles values it around 3-6k in “very good condition”. I was initially thinking about fixing and flipping but it might be a decent side hustle if it was parted out, it does have the platinum headlights which are going for 1000+ per headlight, dual exhaust bumper cover with sleeves…What do you guys think? How much would you feel comfortable paying for it given the issues it has?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Can’t advise on this without pics. The money on the 09 is the L9H without its AFM and platinum bits. If it has the 12-14 platinum or premium dual exhaust cutout bumper its condition being transferred to the 09.

For a flip to occur that trans & motor problem must be out of the picture and actually have proof they aren’t a concern. KBB buyers aren’t your clientele, BAT (enthusiast) buyers are.

Time is money on a flip. Mechanicals will cost you. Find a running wrecker with a solid 6L80 assuming it’s AWD if you buy it then quickly fluid swap, add new TC & install. Check compression on motor, oil press & hope lifters are noisy from bad O ring on oil pump.

If you can get the trans & motor in good nick then spend 5-$8h on a color sand if needed or cut n buff plus PRO detail where they meticulously prep it for a showroom floor. Have professional pics taken to accentuate the level of detail so a buyer knows it’s ready to rumble on e85 for 70-$85 fill ups for only 12-$15k.

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t advise on this without pics. The money on the 09 is the L9H without its AFM and platinum bits. If it has the 12-14 platinum or premium dual exhaust cutout bumper its condition being transferred to the 09.

For a flip to occur that trans & motor problem must be out of the picture and actually have proof they aren’t a concern. KBB buyers aren’t your clientele, BAT (enthusiast) buyers are.

Time is money on a flip. Mechanicals will cost you. Find a running wrecker with a solid 6L80 assuming it’s AWD if you buy it then quickly fluid swap, add new TC & install. Check compression on motor, oil press & hope lifters are noisy from bad O ring on oil pump.

If you can get the trans & motor in good nick then spend 5-$8h on a color sand if needed or cut n buff plus PRO detail where they meticulously prep it for a showroom floor. Have professional pics taken to accentuate the level of detail so a buyer knows it’s ready to rumble on e85 for 70-$85 fill ups for only 12-$15k.
The body’s in decent shape 7/10ish, I don’t think a 200+k mile truck can bring 10+k. If I were going to do it, I’d swap out my trans in my 13’ into it and buy a remanufactured 6l80 for my truck. The lifter issue doesn’t worry me to much. if the trans needs to be pulled id probably pull the motor, drop the rotating assembly have it honed, slap some new rings on it, set of ls7 lifters and send it. Although if it could be picked up for 2500-3000k there would be some good money to be made parting it out. It has the full platinum interior, motorized running boards, platinum headlights, the motors worth 1000-1200$ as is, those heated/cooled cup holders go for 300+ on eBay..

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The platinum headlights are engineered to work with a specific Plat only wiring harness and only one dude on eBay has them cornered. You’ve just need to be happy with the sweat equity you’re going to put into it.

Parting it or doing a Resto to get the the BAT pricing both have their advantages and challenges

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12