Bit the bullet and bought a 2015 Escalade ESV - Now I have a bunch of quesions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I went through this i mentioned that if I went to trade it in my value would be lower since it wasn’t an 8 speed - was told it really doesn’t make much difference.

While those features have “value” I don’t think you are gonna find them on a price sheet - it’s built into the base price. And I don’t think there was a markup from 2015 to 2015.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say this is probabaly accurate, most if not all of your online vehicle pricing tools aren’t going to be able to tell a difference between 2015 and 2015.5’s even based on features and just using market averages.

Good thing about this is that at minimum this should support the fact that this dealership should not be trying to upcharge you for a comparable vehicle just because “oh well this one has the 8 speed so that’s an upgrade...”.

Again, don’t let them twist the situation as to that being the reason your returning the vehicle. It’s because the vehicle isn’t what they informed you that you were in fact purchasing. Be clear and stand firm on that, polite and professional but firm and clear.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys it is not looking good.

The sales manager said he cannot find anything at the auction even close to the same price point. He said prices went up because so many dealerships are snatching up any and all vehicles, thus raising the prices. He also said something about tax season causing current prices to have jumped from when they bought the one I am in. I have no clue if any of that is accurate, but he makes it sound like everything available is $5k higher than what I paid for mine.
He also reiterated how they are not responsible for incorrect advertising, so I can see the direction this is headed in.
He is extending the 7 day period in the hopes of finding something in the next few days, but surmises he is not going to be able to find another 2015 ESV close to the same price.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well guys it is not looking good.

The sales manager said he cannot find anything at the auction even close to the same price point. He said prices went up because so many dealerships are snatching up any and all vehicles, thus raising the prices. He also said something about tax season causing current prices to have jumped from when they bought the one I am in. I have no clue if any of that is accurate, but he makes it sound like everything available is $5k higher than what I paid for mine.
He also reiterated how they are not responsible for incorrect advertising, so I can see the direction this is headed in.
He is extending the 7 day period in the hopes of finding something in the next few days, but surmises he is not going to be able to find another 2015 ESV close to the same price.
around here when you get shafted by a company the local TV station has a program that you can report it to and if they feel it is newsworthy they will contact said company and go to bat for you making sure the company is well aware that they are from the local TV station....this usually ends well, most business don't really care for "bad press" that tends to hit them directly in the pocket.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks. I know how much you were looking forward to driving the 8 speed plus the other options. Sounds like they are trying to cover the 7% re-stocking fee one way or another. You may want to check Cars.com and Autotrader.com in your area to see if prices have actually increased compared to what you paid on a similar vehicle.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
around here when you get shafted by a company the local TV station has a program that you can report it to and if they feel it is newsworthy they will contact said company and go to bat for you making sure the company is well aware that they are from the local TV station....this usually ends well, most business don't really care for "bad press" that tends to hit them directly in the pocket.

In all honesty I can see where it was just as much my fault for not knowing more than I did when I went looking. I originally found them via Car Guru, and though it is a 3rd party site, it naturally said 8 speed for the tranny. However at that point I was convinced all 2015 Denali's and Escalade's had the big three I was looking for(6.2, 8 speed, mag suspension). So when I mentioned to the salesman I really hadn't planned on spending more money than what the Sub's typically go for, I had changed my mind because of those important features.
Had this guy known, he might have told me, but on a multi-manufacture lot, I doubt he knows most of the cars very well. So what might have saved me with him didn't, and my own ignorance on the 15 vs. 15.5 got me into this situation.

As to calling the local news station (which does have an investigative show), I doubt they would be interested. If I felt ripped off by this company, I'd be very inclined to pursue such a recommendation or even trash them on site like this. But I consider myself a fair minded person who looks at intent vs. a mistake.
In this instance, it is likely not intentional deception, rather a lack of accurate descriptions of the various vehicles they sell.

That sucks. I know how much you were looking forward to driving the 8 speed plus the other options. Sounds like they are trying to cover the 7% re-stocking fee one way or another. You may want to check Cars.com and Autotrader.com in your area to see if prices have actually increased compared to what you paid on a similar vehicle.

This particular one was the best of the two others I looked at on there lot, and the price was about $5k less than anything I had seen in the local market. A cynic might assume it is because they priced an early model lower, but I do not believe that is the case. They seemed as surprised as I was about the 15 vs. 15.5 transmission wise.
Now that I know what to look for to distinguish them, it seems as if they are priced just as high as the 15.5's and prices are higher than what I paid, even with private sales.

I am not sure what prices are like elsewhere, but mine has 64k on the clock, is a one owner without an accident, has a moonroof, 4X4, and duel screen entertainment. It cost me $42k
The only one I've seen even close in price was the other ESV on their lot for $40k, but it was rough with an accident and many things wrong with it.
The 2015 Denali was $41k, but did not have any of the things I mentioned on mine.

So for those of you who are in the know price wise, have you recently seen anything in the $42k range for the features/condition/miles ?

`

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4g lite is the wi-fi hotspot in your vehicle offered through on-star. According to my Google search the 15.5 offered 8-speed, wi-fi, phone charging pad, kick open tail gate and 360 view camera. You lost out on a lot and I would be talking to the GM at the Dealer you purchased the Escalade from.

If I cannot work something out, how difficult and expensive would it be to add those items you listed (except of course the 8 speed transmission)?
I am especially curious about the center console charging pad, as mine has the surrounding leather all wrinkled like extra skin on a dog. I would think just the lid could be replaced, and assume there is someplace to plug in the connected tray?
Also the kick tailgate open feature I am assuming is just a sensor of some sort, so is that something that can be added without too much cost/hassle?

TIA

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact GTPprix who has a thread near the top in the audio and electronics section titled "Where to get the HMI Unlock/Video in Motion Now". I believe there would be some reprogramming involved for some of those features. Do a Google search for the charging pad as this has been done with a new console lid which I read about on one of the forums but can't remember which one. Good luck.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I came up to the ESV and did the kick for the heck of it. To my surprise it worked and opened the hatch. Needless to say it was a pleasant surprise. However no matter how many times I tried to kick it closed, it was a no go. So the feature is on this early model to some degree, maybe I just need to figure out if there is a programming feature that needs to be activated to get it to close with the kick feature.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From your recent posts, if you feel the situation is just as much as your own fault for not being aware of your purchase as the dealer is for their lack of advertising or inaccuracies. If you really want a vehicle with those features and 8-Speed just do your best to negotiate down the 7% see if they’ll come down to 3.5%-5% pay the fee and walk away to find the car you want.

I own my daily drivers for 10 years/200K + miles for me that’s what I’d do. But may not be a big deal if you’re an owner who trades in every 3-4 years for a new rig.

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I came up to the ESV and did the kick for the heck of it. To my surprise it worked and opened the hatch. Needless to say it was a pleasant surprise. However no matter how many times I tried to kick it closed, it was a no go. So the feature is on this early model to some degree, maybe I just need to figure out if there is a programming feature that needs to be activated to get it to close with the kick feature.

I dont think they close. My LTZ doesn't close. You kick open while your hands are full and then push the button to close. That is how the Chevrolet Dealer demo'd it also.

Its also SUUUPER finnicky and took me months of trying to find the exact sweet spot for it to even work KNOWING i had it.

Heres more http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=5281

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345