Bit the bullet and bought a 2015 Escalade ESV - Now I have a bunch of quesions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And don't let the 7 day period go by...return that car ASAP - tow it back if you have to.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are being fair and understanding of their mistake you shouldn’t pay the 7% restocking fee. Make sure you are very clear and firm with them that the only reason you are returning the vehicle is due to their mistake, not yours. If the vehicle was in fact exactly what they sold you then yes, you’d pay the 7%.

But that is not the case. Be sure that they know while you understand there are costs associated with returning a vehicle they will be the costs incurred by the dealership due to their mistake. And that’s what happens in business when people make mistakes, it’s costs those who made the mistake money. That’s how people learn from their mistakes.

As far as price for the replacement; just search on eBay, cars.com, Autotrader etc to see what equivalent models are going for to keep them honest. I have no experience with truecar.com but that may be a good resource?

Lastly, if they have your vehicle now and you’re in a loaner from them. I’d politely inform them you’ll be cruising that loaner until they can find you a replacement that you both agree upon. Because you need wheels can’t go over the 7 day time frame and again it’s their mistake. That should give them some motivation to resolve the issue and make things right sooner than later.

Good luck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CarMax or autonation are going to be more realistic for prices, truecar, Cars.com, etc are overpriced that's why they are able to work in a "special referral price" which is total bs
even still CarMax is a little bit overpriced but not much and they will atleast take of basic maintenance when listing there cars, autonation does more and is more realistic in pricing.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CarMax or autonation are going to be more realistic for prices, truecar, Cars.com, etc are overpriced that's why they are able to work in a "special referral price" which is total bs
even still CarMax is a little bit overpriced but not much and they will atleast take of basic maintenance when listing there cars, autonation does more and is more realistic in pricing.
cars.com? Don’t think so. Carmax is terribly overpriced 90% of the time.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cars.com? Don’t think so. Carmax is terribly overpriced 90% of the time.
well after I spent literally months shopping around it came down to CarMax or autonation both being pretty reliable with there listings, cars.com and other's had postings that were either very old or incorrect and not specific in search results, when a car has been posted up for a year or more there is a pretty logical reason why, either it has problems or is in bad condition and/or is not as described, I searched pretty much the entire west coast and mid west states, had relatives test drive for me in places that were near them, traveled and test drove made phone calls to get details, emails, you name it, in the end autonation was the best in providing details and pictures and had a price that was in my range from a dealer. they were friendly on the phone answering questions and even picked me up from the airport. CarMax was a little high but not a lot, at least there listings are current and accurate

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m getting this feeling that you don’t understand what cars.com is, though. It’s just a vehicle listing site. Like autotrader. It’s odd that you’re comparing that directly to a car lot’s website (autonation and carmax), in which both post their vehicles on cars.com

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

While I certainly am open to any suggestions in an effort to help valuate the difference between the early build 2015 Escalade ESV vs. the mid year change, trying to determine that via the car sites you guys are debating about would be tough to begin with. Some will undoubtedly be listing them interchangeably, and with different conditions, miles, history, it will be hard to compare apples to apples, even if I knew which ones were which.
Hence the reason I was trying to play with KBB to switch the transmissions with everything else being the same. Then seeing if I could add/subtract the extra features between the 2015 vs. I guess what some refer to as the 2015.5
Some of those features like the kick left gate, cellphone charger, 360 camera, hotspot and anything else the 2015.5 has that the other doesn't must have a value.

If this situation cannot be resolved with them finding me another ESV for around the same price without the 7% fee, I need to at least try to get a monetary compensation in a positive way, (not a litigious one if at all possible).
Tomorrow will be the 7th day, and while I brought this to their attention two days ago, I am not sure how long with will take them to find another ESV. I would still consider a Denali XL, but they only have one, and it is rough.

It's not that I would be happy without the 8 speed or the extras we were expecting with the 2015 Escalade model (it does have the IntelliBeam for some reason), but I would feel better if I had a reduction in what I paid for a lesser vehicle at bare minimum. So hopefully they can find a 2015.5 but I'd better be prepared if they cannot.
Thus if I can speak intelligently as to the features I am missing out on having X amount of tangible value, then at least we can have a reasoned negotiation. It needs tires, so that is something they could make a concession on, the extended warranty cost $2,800 (which can be cancelled but then my interest rate goes up a bit, and there is no coverage for all the gizmos).

I have no idea when the next auction is, but hopefully it will be this weekend and they wil find a 2015.5 ESV.

`

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m getting this feeling that you don’t understand what cars.com is, though. It’s just a vehicle listing site. Like autotrader. It’s odd that you’re comparing that directly to a car lot’s website (autonation and carmax), in which both post their vehicles on cars.com
yes I know what it is, and there listings are often not accurate and are old or outdated, I was looking for a very specific vehicle and there listings are inaccurate from the selling dealer posting it in wrong, they sell it and never take it down, or they put it on there because nobody with half a brain will buy it locally

StephenW

Reaction score
When I went through this i mentioned that if I went to trade it in my value would be lower since it wasn’t an 8 speed - was told it really doesn’t make much difference.

While those features have “value” I don’t think you are gonna find them on a price sheet - it’s built into the base price. And I don’t think there was a markup from 2015 to 2015.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe