Bilstein 5100s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mooneywa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Got a 2008 Z71 4x4. I'm coming up on about 63k miles and with the miles and the ranch hand brush guard I feel like the ride and control is getting a little wonky.

I'm looking at getting some Bilstein 5100s, and through research most people have them but I can't really get a good fix on what about them is great. Is it better handling? Obviously the ride is better but is it more firm or less or what?

Additionally, is it worth getting a set of Cognito UCAs - I'm levelling the truck out with the Bilsteins but is it worth it to get new UCAs for a stock to level. I feel like I already have to align the truck all the time anyways.

Thanks

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I can't comment much on the UCAs but the Bilstein 5100s are good shocks. I have the short higher valved ones for my dropped setup. They give better handling, corneriing, and quick damping response on trying conditions. They keep the rear tires on the ground real good.

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a ranchhand on my Z and it made the front end sag pretty badly... no idea about the shocks

OP
OP
M

mooneywa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I already did a spacer level but I have a feeling I need to upgrade the struts

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a 2.5" front leveling kit on my avalanche and going with a 1.5" rear spacer to level it out. I think people like the bilstein shocks because they are adjustable and add a slight lift to your vehicle. In the future I might want to get the bilstein 5100s to add an extra 1-1.75" lift in the front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84