Best hid kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tungsten2016lt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for the best hid for 2016 tahoe lt. Ready buy. Going on a 800 mile trip and will be driving at night.

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for the best hid for 2016 tahoe lt. Ready buy. Going on a 800 mile trip and will be driving at night.
Been running the TRS kit for almost two years, awesome. Only maintenance was dielectric grease added to all the connections. Well built, nearly stock 4500k iirc color temp, zero issues.

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have vanquishauto hids for about 1 year. This kit has been working in my car
With. I problems. I will recommend you to buy these hids, I also get you their link for the 16 Tahoe.
They have excellent reviews here in the forum and this is the only HID kit that will work perfect with no issues, no error code, no error message and the big think, this kit do not need relay harness like the (trs kits that need relays) because I believe they don't have the right advance or Technology

I hate relay harness so I went with vanquishauto and these lights are awesome.

https://vanquishauto.com/headlight-bulb-low-beam-h11-3018.html

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for TheRetrofitSource. Get the full kit with the relay harness and you'll be golden

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on what you want to spend...go with Denso, Hella or other OEM ballast and Phillips/Osram 4300k bulbs. Or pickup a set of denali lights and do a factory conversion.

However, I've used xenondepot H11 Extreme kit with rebased Phillips 85122 (4300k) bulbs and it is about as oem as it gets without spending big $$ mentioned above.

goomashoom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another vote for the TheRetrofitSource. Combined with the Depo black projector headlights on my 2003 Suburban, they are the BEST lighting upgrade I've ever done. Better than all the LED light bars, KC HiLites HID spotlights, and LED auxiliary lights I've ever bought.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005XRQO9Q

Last edited:

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
The most important difference of our system over the rest is the bulb oem corrected pattern and plug and play connectivity eliminating messy wiring harness and the option to upgrade to a 55W making it the brightest system in the industry while being error free designed for the 2016 and up vehicles.

IMG_0638.JPG IMG_0639.JPG IMG_0640.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645