Best hid kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a few retrofit, and have tried them all. I like the hylux and fastbright ballasts best for ease of availability and longevity.
IMG_20160515_172913_zpskn7pa80h.jpg
IMG_20160517_213858_zpsgdxgqwzq.jpg
IMG_20160501_183213_zpshaag4kik.jpg
Also did the Yukon and another 6 vehicles before the HHR

I also have DDM Tuning fat ballasts going on 10 years of service.

Last edited:

pro510

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just to confirm. 2016 Suburban requires Can Bus version correct? Also I see that the 55w is no longer available, is this temporary or did you have issues? Also if I go with 55w, is it the same bulb as the 35W, and will it therefore have reduced lifespan?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pro510

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 35W Can Bus kit will be plenty bright and if you put it together with the 11G fog light kit is game over.

Tahoe / Suburban
Took the plunge and got the HID for low beams (already have LED in high beams). Want to share my experience.

Kit came quick and when I installed one of the bulbs did not work. The center had a yellow haze to it. Chatted with Vanquish and they had me try a few things but in the end they had me cut up the bulb and sent me a new set. Even though only one of the bulbs was not working they sent me two more. Glad they did because again one of them had a yellow tint and did not work. The other one did thankfully.

Output is nice a bright, better than the LED I had in before, but not by much.

I have noticed that when the car is in DRL, low voltage, the HID's are on.

Anyway, pleased with the results, thankful that customer service is first class, not sure how long the bulbs will last.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
your bulbs's situation must have had to do with shipping. I have never seen two bulbs damaged in two consecutive shipments. We still pushed the factory about triple checking quality for our bulbs and we will be looking at doing 3 times price increase ( that we won't charge our customers ) to get indestructible bulbs. I'm glad you know we got your back and I guarantee you those bulbs won't be failing any time soon. I do blame the shipping, we will add extra protection for shipping.

69meano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i dont think anyone should get the trs kit because i saw a post from another member here that got the kit from them and it was not good at all. I will always recommend vanquishauto, their hid kits does not need relays, its all plug and play no issues at all. vanquishauto.com for me are the only company now dealing with the best hids system and leds.

-------Here is the post about the GARBAGE TRS HIDS-------- (read at the end of the post to see the true about their lights)
second that TRS sentiment-not a premium kit as described and way disappointed with product and customer support.It came with a harness and one relay and jumper to other headlight ballast-I replaced it with xenon depot H11 HID KIT | XTREME HID-way better pattern and crisper light with proper Phillips bulbs that wont damage your projectors Plus dual relays and fuses More professional and clean install

69meano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TRS kit update on real life use, install and quality comparison...first Xenon kit-
I let the picture tell the story on the easy instructions with out going online to a web site;the professional fit and finish.There is a separate harness/relay/fuse for Each HID.The real road test was driving on a pitch black road--No comparison The Xenon kit is the best for the Same money.
20180321_173623.jpg 20180323_091732.jpg

69meano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now the20180323_091732.jpg
TRS kit-note one relay that is not secured(just sitting in plug and can not lock) and sub standard bulbs and ballast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC