Austinite's 2000 NBS Tahoe Ex-Grocery Hauler Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is looking good. Headers look good. Wish I had the catted y pipe for mine. Looks like you're 2wd?
Thanks man, and yeah 2wd so the install was definitely a lot easier. Sometimes I wish the Tahoe was 4wd, but I've had a bunch of 4wd trucks over the years and rarely engaged the front diff, so I'll take the perks of easier installs and cheaper lift kits.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have long tubes with an off-road y. Was supposed to work for 4wd, but it doesn't. I had to remove my front prop shaft because it was hitting some of the tubes on the ds header, so now it's a 2wd:(.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have long tubes with an off-road y. Was supposed to work for 4wd, but it doesn't. I had to remove my front prop shaft because it was hitting some of the tubes on the ds header, so now it's a 2wd:(.
Haha, damn that sucks. That's usually how my luck goes with stuff like this too. Have you come up with a work-around or just gonna leave it as is?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Haha, damn that sucks. That's usually how my luck goes with stuff like this too. Have you come up with a work-around or just gonna leave it as is?
Gonna leave it as is. Believe me, I'm not happy about it. But--I've had it since 2012, and I've used the 4wd a handful of times. Not really needed--YET--but it was still nice to have.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna leave it as is. Believe me, I'm not happy about it. But--I've had it since 2012, and I've used the 4wd a handful of times. Not really needed--YET--but it was still nice to have.
Yeah I heard that, I'd probably do the same.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the 3" rear coil spacers and adjustable panhard bar from Supreme Suspensions. When you go up over 2" in the rear it can mess with the lateral movement of the tires/wheels. Mine were sticking out about an inch or so further on the passenger side and the adjustable panhard bar put it back to normal.
Panhard Bar
3" Rear Coil Spacers

3_inch_coil_spacer_panhard_bar.jpg
supreme_suspensions_adjustable_panhard_bar.jpg

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed this Type S LED Bluetooth Kit that has an app where you can change up to 4 zones and add extensions all over the place. I have 3 zones right now: Front Floorboards, Center Console, and Rear Floorboards. I had a 40% off coupon and a gift card at Autozone when I bought em, so I said what the hell. I have them set to a light blue that matches the gauges pretty well, but you can change the color to anything you want. Not only that, but all 4 zones can be different. (The blue and red in the pics is just to show them off better) For $30 I thought it was pretty damn cool. I might go with some puddle or rock lights one of these days.

type_S_LED_color_changing_front_seats_2.jpg type_S_LED_color_changing_front_seats.jpg type_S_LED_color_changing_center_console.jpg type_S_LED_color_changing_rear_seats.jpg type_S_LED_front_seats.jpg type_S_LED_rear_seats.jpg Type_S_LED_app.jpg

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added the Ford Raptor Style Amber LED Grille lights that are slowly growing on me. I wasn't 100% sold at first, but I've gotten a few compliments on them already, so I guess I'll keep em. I also added a Daystar Jeep Rocker Switch A-Pillar Mount that ended up fitting perfectly and looking pretty custom too. For anyone that doesn't follow college sports, the "Hook 'Em" switch is for The University of Texas at Austin's hand signal for Hook 'Em Horns. I ran out of ideas basically and the lights are kinda orange... I might end up smoking all the front lights to match the running?cab lights one of these days too.

20180205_180935.jpg

20180205_180242.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645