Austinite's 2000 NBS Tahoe Ex-Grocery Hauler Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got this vacuum actuated cutout installed after the cats and before a Magnaflow 12589. I had an electric cutout on a 2004 F150 back in the day and it was awesome for about a month...then one day it just quit working. So I looked under the truck to check it out and the whole damn motor had just fallen off. I heard they couldn't take the heat well. But supposedly the vacuum actuated ones can. The tone isn't quite as sweet as the Flowmaster Super 10, but when it's open it definitely has a nice rumble to it. And the Magnaflow is just a little louder than stock which is nice when I'm not in the mood for loud exhaust. It comes with a remote control, but I'm going to add a manual switch somehow pretty soon. I also might try to have my Super 10 or a cherry bomb installed after the cutout too to give it a little better sound. I'll post some sound clips soon.

cutout_magnaflow.jpg
cutout_closeup.jpg cutout_remote.jpg

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next was some generic black nerf bars/side steps that I didn't like too much. I really wanted the oem Z71 steps, but had a hard time finding them and the trim to match. I also found a Z71 roof rack, installed some
Spyder Smoked LED Taillights, Depo Black Projector Headlights, Black LED Parking Lights, LED in-bumper reverse lights, and a Esky 170° License Plate Frame Mount Rear View Camera. I also had a shop install an IMCO muffler and stainless rolled 3.5" tip behind the right rear tire. I can't remember which IMCO model the muffler is, but the total for install and everything was under $200 so I'm happy at the moment. I might eventually go with a louder series Flowmaster, but not positive. The nerf hitch step has been on like 4 of my last trucks, so I just put it on because I had it, doesn't really serve a purpose, but looks kinda cool I guess.

nerf_bars.jpg
new_taillights.jpg
new_headlights_bumper_lights.jpg
reverse_lights_led_2.jpg
howd you install those rear leds on the bumper?

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
howd you install those rear leds on the bumper?
At the time those LED lights didn't come with a template so I just found one online and printed a couple out, measured for placement on the bumper, and cut out the holes with a cutoff wheel.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super nice build..Your paint job really came out nice..I have seen people pay 1200 bucks to have their X PPV vehicles painted here in Miami and Fort Lauderdale and none looked as good as yours.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792

Latest posts