Any center consoles with a 4x4 floor shifter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaoticlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the ford expedition console I have in my truck and on the side where the shifter would be it looks as if a little trimming and maybe a little tweaking of the shifter arm itself it would work...I have been looking at another 2 door and its a 94 with floor shifter so just thinking out loud..

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a NBS console from a 03 Tahoe...As for the escalade/denali console, I am not sure if it will fit, so it will probably be for sale soon.

Shawn

OP
OP
F

Fuaadow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well after a lot of thinking, i came to this conclusion.
Since there isn't a complete console to be placed between the two seats, so i decided to get a front bench off of a +2001 silverado or sierra the ones that come with a center console that can be lifted to become a center seat. I say silverado or sierra because the 2 door models come with a front bench that can be tilted forward a little to access the back, and since my yukon is a 2 door i need a front seat that can be tilted in case any one wants to sit in the back.

Opinions??? is it worth it??? Will i have problems fitting those seats???
please share with me your experiences.

Fuaad

mitmj23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i think the best way to go about this would be to get the 03 lt console (it has the drop in black rubber lining very convinient) before you install the front part console where is would come into contact with the floor shift 4x4 take the shifter lever itself out and bend it toward the drivers side enough to clear the new console thencut the console around where it wil fit over the side of the 4x4 shifter cover enought to allow the shifter to still slide. thats just what i have in mind for my 98 2 door we shall see will post pictures of install

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to show my idea...have a few warm days coming up so I plan to finish this off, if I can find the correct grey paint again to match the 95's interior...

I still have a escalade center console here, and I believe I found a simple way to install it, even with that floor shifter. I am doing a write up which will be on my car clubs page, when its all done... I will post the link in a day or so.

Anyhow, after looking in the junkyard, I discovered that the floor shifter in the 99-03 (at least 03) 4x4 shifter is the same basic thing, down to the measurement. Except, the shifter rod itself does not have a almost 2 inch shift to the right.

Our old shifter...

floorshift.jpg

The 02 shifter installed...

dcs9.jpg

I decided today to test fit the 99 escalade console, and make sure it will be ok in there. It seems to me as though a small bit of trimming will be necessary, and it will probably be trimmed on the shifter cover, as those are a lot easier to come by. Once the trimming is done, it should drop right in. I have a couple uses in store for the old indicator lights from the old shifter. The little red LED in between the cupholder on the new console will be the 4x4 engaged light. The other dash light will light up the cupholder with led lights.

Here's the test...

dcs10.jpg

dcs13.jpg

dcs12.jpg

Like I said, a little trimming, and it seems as though it will drop right in. Granted, there won't be whole lot of room to get at the shifter, but it won't be rubbing either...Will keep you all posted, hopefully it will be complete this weekend.

Shawn

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good man! Coming along awesome. SEM paint should have your color. Cant wait to see finish

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a NBS console from a 03 Tahoe...As for the escalade/denali console, I am not sure if it will fit, so it will probably be for sale soon.

Shawn

Just to avoid any confusion here, the Escalade console is NOT for sale as it fit in there better than I thought... The 03 console I had it will be though...lol

Shawn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan