Adding chrome molding, help needed - 2015 Suburban LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks TOI. Just ordered a set today. Hope they end up looking as good on my Yukon as they do on your Suburban! Thanks again.
keep us posted. by the way when installing aling the chrome piece with the body of the car first.you dont want chrome piece rubbing on the body

Numbnuts3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
keep us posted. by the way when installing aling the chrome piece with the body of the car first.you dont want chrome piece rubbing on the body

Excellent point. I'll be sure to do that. When I get them on, I'll try to take a few pictures and post them up here. Thanks again.

Numbnuts3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DD47C88F-B5E6-4507-AA47-DF2F08B377BD_4.jpg

Put the chrome moldings they make alot of difference

JROD,

Very nice look. Is there any way that you could provide the links to the places where you purchased the... 1. Door side moldings 2. Chrome roof liner molding and 3. Tailgate step chrome molding.

I'm looking to add all of these very soon to my black Yukon and I love the way they turned out on yours!

Numbnuts3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Chrome door handle covers.....here they are on my SLT with some before and after images.

Also, the before images show the clear front driver and passenger windows while the after photos show a window tint to match the back (15%).

Bought the same set of chrome handle covers as TOI, and must say, they fit really well. The 3M they use is solid and they don't feel like they'd be going anywhere. On my order, the seller forgot one of the pieces and next day shipped it to me with no questions asked. Great eBay seller.

Like TOI, I too would definitely recommend these. For such a small piece of plastic, financial investment, and time installing, they sure do add quite a nice touch to the vehicle. Love em.

1GKS2BKC7FR105553-2s.jpg 1GKS2BKC7FR105553-8s.jpg IMG_0828.jpg IMG_0829.jpg IMG_0830.jpg

Esquire

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm bringing this one back from the dead...Just picked up a 2016 Suburban LT and really dislike that the running boards lack the chrome trim found on the Yukon XL and Escalade. Has anyone found a way to replicate the look without buying Yukon/Escalade running boards? I've checked out the chrome trim on Amazon and eBay like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-CHEVY-...ash=item2ef5a054c0:g:RhIAAOSw-jhUAY6K&vxp=mtr, but am skeptical that it'll hold up and look decent.

I've also looked at the OEM chrome trim pieces for the Yukon XL from GM. Two problems there are that they would cost $300 plus for the pair (just from the trim!) and the chrome trim running boards appear to have a different part number than the non-chrome, so there may be a fitment issue (although I seriously doubt GM made two different types of running boards just to have chrome trim on one).

OP
OP
Rmayrap

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm bringing this one back from the dead...Just picked up a 2016 Suburban LT and really dislike that the running boards lack the chrome trim found on the Yukon XL and Escalade. Has anyone found a way to replicate the look without buying Yukon/Escalade running boards? I've checked out the chrome trim on Amazon and eBay like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-CHEVY-TAHOE-SUBURBAN-CHROME-RUNNING-BOARD-MOLDING-TRIM-2PC-W-5YR-WARRANTY-/201689420992?fits=Year:2015|Model:Suburban&hash=item2ef5a054c0:g:RhIAAOSw-jhUAY6K&vxp=mtr, but am skeptical that it'll hold up and look decent.

I've also looked at the OEM chrome trim pieces for the Yukon XL from GM. Two problems there are that they would cost $300 plus for the pair (just from the trim!) and the chrome trim running boards appear to have a different part number than the non-chrome, so there may be a fitment issue (although I seriously doubt GM made two different types of running boards just to have chrome trim on one).
they will fit just fine if you bought the oem chrome version. i replaced mine for the oem chrome since none of the chrome trim was holding up for long since they are always being stepped on. i found a used set on ebay for under 300 shipped.

SmittysTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice thread! I am also working on our LT to transform it into an LTZ look. Ill post up some pics as I get stuff done.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased an Ltz grill, Ltz running boards, and the rear bumper step with chrome molding. Should have everything in next week. I also have the door handle chrome trim, which Ive had for a few months, but wanted to wait until I got everything. Will post pics once its all done ;) Im not a big fan of the chrome eye brows above the fog lights so Ill have to see how I like the Ltz grill without them before I decide to buy a pair.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im also debating the chrome side molding but dont know if that may be to much. I cant find the Tungsten matched body side molding anywhere.

Angel87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased an Ltz grill, Ltz running boards, and the rear bumper step with chrome molding. Should have everything in next week. I also have the door handle chrome trim, which Ive had for a few months, but wanted to wait until I got everything. Will post pics once its all done ;) Im not a big fan of the chrome eye brows above the fog lights so Ill have to see how I like the Ltz grill without them before I decide to buy a pair.
Where did you get the LTZ running boards and how much?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645